PDA

View Full Version : Help with lanscape design

imoww
09-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Any ideas on what colourful / ever green native plants to get for this garden? Must be taller than the ones in there now.
She wants the gob smacked garden...

Redeye
09-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Nandina would add some contrast

imoww
09-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Yeh... I was thinking of Nandina also. Choloclate cords , and some kind of lilly pilly shaped into a ball

Scooby Steve
09-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Acacia Limelights maybe, with something slightly taller every second limelight maybe??? You'll have to tell us more about type of soil, the conditions the plants will have to cope with, position in the garden and what sun they will or wont cop etc etc so we can help out a little better.

imoww
09-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Its a cold climate in the Suthern highlands of NSW.
Full sun. The soil has been layed a few moths ago i think its lucien. Its rich and the plants there now are growing quiet well.

PaulG
09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
As Craig said some more info will help determine a good selection.

I would either mass plant the same plant or completely mix it up so there is variety and year round colour.

A few ideas for colourful natives though:

Crowea sp, Calytrix sp, Correa sp, Eromophila sp, small Grevilleas, small Hakeas, Kunzea capitata, various Leptospermum, small Melaleucas and Calistemons, Pimeleas, Anigozanthos 'Bush Pearl' (Kangaroo Paw) and the list goes on.

If you can get a copy, Gardening Australia's 'Native Plants' is well worth having on the shelf. That's my reference for the above plants.

imoww
09-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks Paul
Ill check it out