PDA

View Full Version : Wet weather gear

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
29-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Damn wet in my neck of the woods today! I worked until the rain started then pulled the pin for the day. I will normally do some work in the rain but I'm sick of getting soaked and then it gets cold every time I move. I have lots of different jackets but they all end up soaked through, so I've spent the last 3 hrs driving around to different places looking at wet weather tops and pants. Didn't buy any pants as I have used them before and find their a bit of a pain in the old shpink da . I did end up buy a japara though for 49 bucks. Meant to be 100% water proof so will find out soon enough.

What are other people using? Any pro's or con's?

ASTRO
29-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I wear gortex raincoat - 100% waterproof,lightweight + breathable.
There are no cons.
At the end of the day put on a 2nd pair of boots,dry socks and a thick jumper.There is nothing worse than wet feet.
Cheers Astro.

urbanpatch
29-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Ultraflex pants are the best. Stretch material that you can sit on the mower or work all day in the pouring rain and still have dry pants.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
29-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Ultraflex pants are the best. Stretch material that you can sit on the mower or work all day in the pouring rain and still have dry pants.

The salesman did tell me about them . Didn't have any in stock but is getting more. I'll have to check them out.

urbanpatch
29-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Def worth it. Combined with otway or boggs boots, it makes winter tolerable.

NLALM
29-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Where do you get em from

urbanpatch
29-04-2014, 07:58 PM
I got them from a work ware/safety shop down here.

Found some here

http://tcworkwear.com.au/farmwear_direct/wet_weather_gear

joeymoey
29-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Off topic, but how's the mowing game down your way?

Dad is contemplating moving to Rosebud. (He's keen on doing mowing down there)

You don't happen to mow Nepean Country Club do you?

I got them from a work ware/safety shop down here.

Found some here

http://tcworkwear.com.au/farmwear_direct/wet_weather_gear