PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Galvanised Trailer

Benno
03-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I found these trailers on gumtree... check out the link below.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/regents-park/trailers/welded-hot-dip-galvanized-7x5-trailer-600mm-cage/1029448710

I went and visited these guys yesterday... The deal is they are made in China and imported by these guys, they just bolt them together put on lights etc.
Do you think these would be a good idea? What I want for my trailer is a 7x5 caged. Ideally I would like a mower landing spot on the front but figure I could look after this later. The company itself does not do any mods unfortunately so I would have to source them for myself.

They are galvanised, the quality of the welds and construction from my inspection looks pretty good and the price looks good, so I thought I would get your thought.

Cheers,

Ben

Mow And Go
03-06-2014, 10:31 AM
id be weary mate, there is a camper trailer manufacturer that imports its chassis/trailers from china, galvanised, and the galvanising solution or technique must be a bit on the sub par side, as I have seen these things rust within weeks of being delivered.

joeymoey
03-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Look they're not bad, I bought mine 2nd hand and the bloke prior had it for 2 years and it still hasn't rusted.

There will be modifications that you will make along the way for me they were:

Replacement of winch
Relocation of lights
Welding of floor
New jockey wheel
Reinforcement of tie down bar

All of which cost under $500

To buy the same trailer custom built would've been $5000

All up I've spent around $2500

Benno
03-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys, I should mention they do come with a 12 month warranty against workmanship, rust etc.

The welding on the floor actually looks pretty good from what I can see.

Redeye
03-06-2014, 02:57 PM
for the price I'd jump at it, I had a trailer custom made a year ago and was quoted an extra $2g to have it galv'ed

brett73
03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys, I should mention they do come with a 12 month warranty against workmanship, rust etc.

The welding on the floor actually looks pretty good from what I can see.

Just check the fine print as always. I had a trailer built, and was told 12mnths warranty. Upon payment and pickup, the invoice had this added wording "3mnth commercial warranty".

BeetleJuice
03-07-2014, 10:14 AM
When guys at the tip have tree/shrub trimmings to remove of there caged trailers or utes/tray top,they lay a chain or rope at bottom of floor and loop it over the load.They tie it off at the dump and drive forwards and it pulls the whole load off in one go.

No need for tilt trailer,usually the whole load is off within 15 seconds.They give it a quick sweep and in/out of yard in 3-4 mins

GardeningSolutions
03-07-2014, 01:55 PM
I do similar but with 4x4 snatch straps. Makes light work of loads that sometimes come around the 800kg mark.

steveo
04-07-2014, 11:47 AM
When guys at the tip have tree/shrub trimmings to remove of there caged trailers or utes/tray top,they lay a chain or rope at bottom of floor and loop it over the load.They tie it off at the dump and drive forwards and it pulls the whole load off in one go.

No need for tilt trailer,usually the whole load is off within 15 seconds.They give it a quick sweep and in/out of yard in 3-4 mins

i could have done with one of those yesterday, full 8x5 load of conifer cuttings and don't they weigh a ton. My question is what do you tie the straps/chain too if there is nothing at the dump to tie it to? My missus aint that heavy.

BeetleJuice
04-07-2014, 01:23 PM
i could have done with one of those yesterday, full 8x5 load of conifer cuttings and don't they weigh a ton. My question is what do you tie the straps/chain too if there is nothing at the dump to tie it to? My missus aint that heavy.
I guess it's all going to depend what place you use to dump.Where i am they have these huge bins which get carted away,they are below ground level and guys attach/tie onto that and just drive forward and wallah it's all off.
It gets left on the concrete and the front loader pushes it into the bin for processing.

Shows the bins at 9.07 mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlN6ezej95A#t=429