PDA

View Full Version : 1st smart phone.

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
22-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Just a heads up , if anyone notices a lot of photo's in my posts , its because I have finally bought a new fan dangle modern phone. HTC one M8.

These things are awesome. I cant believe how much you can do with them. I've always been scare of these phones but have been able to learn to drive it really fast.

I think we have created a monster.:o

GardeningSolutions
22-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Dumb question, but can you put a photo in your post direct from the smart phone. Or how do you?

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
22-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Dumb question, but can you put a photo in your post direct from the smart phone. Or how do you?

Good question. I haven't tried that but what I've done so far is load my photo's into the laptop ( which did take a bit of messing around trying to work it out) then loading from my p/c . Took a while to work it all with no help cause I couldn't find where they had been saved.

fairdinkum
22-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Just a heads up , if anyone notices a lot of photo's in my posts , its because I have finally bought a new fan dangle modern phone. HTC one M8.

These things are awesome. I cant believe how much you can do with them. I've always been scare of these phones but have been able to learn to drive it really fast.

I think we have created a monster.:o
Congratulations mate. Android is a really easy operating system to learn. Have fun with it but just be mindful of your mobile data limit. They might sting you big time if you go over.

fairdinkum
22-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Good question. I haven't tried that but what I've done so far is load my photo's into the laptop ( which did take a bit of messing around trying to work it out) then loading from my p/c . Took a while to work it all with no help cause I couldn't find where they had been saved.
For that there are apps like dropbox and google drive. Dropbox is good. If you jump through a few little hoops they give you 75gb of cloud storage. Just make sure to set it to only upload via wifi though.

starmow
22-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Gleno you can save your photos direct from phone on Google Drive or Dropbox. you need just make accounts for which you want use. Android is a really easy operating system to learn.
:no pity:no pity

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
23-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Congratulations mate. Android is a really easy operating system to learn. Have fun with it but just be mindful of your mobile data limit. They might sting you big time if you go over.

Gleno you can save your photos direct from phone on Google Drive or Dropbox. you need just make accounts for which you want use. Android is a really easy operating system to learn.
:no pity:no pity

Thanks fella's. I will have to check them out . Great thing about the data usage is they have given me 27.5 gig for the first month , so I can go nuts.

Scooby Steve
23-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Thanks fella's. I will have to check them out . Great thing about the data usage is they have given me 27.5 gig for the first month , so I can go nuts.

They usually send me a text message once you get half way on your limit and another before your about to go over it, so go nuts!

courty
23-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Welcome to 2014 ;)

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
23-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Still playing 7588

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
23-06-2014, 10:13 PM
just did that straight from my phone. Loaded the pic straight from my pics.

fairdinkum
23-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Good job! And nice pic. Lawns are still nice and green down there.

GardeningSolutions
24-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Hi Cranbourne, how did you do it. Trying again to post photos direct from the mobile this morning and no good. Ive got a sony with android. What process did you do?

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
24-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Just do it the same way as on the pc but it takes a few moments for the load screen to come up . Press select files and gives me options and I go to gallery choose the pic then press upload . It did take about a min to load .