PDA

View Full Version : Gravely LM Series mower

wizard
13-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Anyone have a review of these? About $600 cheaper than Honda, big catcher, not sure about front swivel wheels..

http://www.gravely.com/en-au/walk-behind-mowers/classic-lm

PhilG
15-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Looks like they have rebranded Ariens. Didn't hear many good reports about the Ariens.

Mow And Go
15-07-2014, 08:51 PM
same company if memory serves me right, ariens to be marketed towards homeuser and gravely to professionals ...US anyway

imoww
16-07-2014, 06:48 AM
That looks like a Kawazaki engine. The same one they used for the Proscapes....
Crap crap crap heap of ****.
Never started . Kept flooding...

joeymoey
19-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Swivel wheels are a PITA meaning all four wheels require adjustment.

1min per wheel x 4 wheels x 8 jobs that's 32 mins that you could've been at home.
I've found Gravely to be very expensive for parts :/
As for how the actual machine runs, I cannot tell you, however my dealer has had the same one sitting there for months.

Anyone have a review of these? About $600 cheaper than Honda, big catcher, not sure about front swivel wheels..

http://www.gravely.com/en-au/walk-behind-mowers/classic-lm

fastfreddy
11-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Have had an Ariens 21 LM in the fleet since 1992. Obviously only used as a spare in past decade but refuses to die. Non swivel wheels (however this was always a retro fit optional extra which came with the package). Good cut and excellent bagging. Probably one of the best mulchers I have used. Tough, durable (other than tyres that went soft and would part company with wheel) and with good power from a 5.5hp Techumse. The biggest drawback was American tastes (ie bar blades, independent wheel adjustment and cut height) and wet weather drive issues. The unique donut drive unit would get saturated and fail to proceed. Also still have a non s/p Ariens of the same spec (great for clean ups but bloody heavy). Old ones built like tanks.
Cheers
FF

imoww
03-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Any reviews on the gravely zt34?

Wombat Garden Services
03-05-2015, 04:29 PM
I picked up a rough looking ariens 3 in 1 SP today from the council cleanup, with a kawa fj180v, there's a lot wrong with it, but I did get it started and the drive does work, its really fast, its noisy though, the engine runs but surges badly, its a fixed throttle, maybe the anti surge thing needs looking at.

Redeye
03-05-2015, 08:33 PM
good score mate!!