PDA

View Full Version : What grass is this

m287j
05-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi all,

Can someone help me identify this weed grass. It's not winter grass as it's too thick. Thanks.

NLALM
06-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Mate it looks a bit like panic veltgrass, I would have to really see it to be sure, but from your pics that's what I would say, if you could get a pic of the seed head that would tell

m287j
07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks for that. I'd say you're spot on. Apparently Paraquat and Simazine are a good combination to treat it. Now I just have to find out where to get Paraquat, I've never heard of it before.

DavidS
08-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks for that. I'd say you're spot on. Apparently Paraquat and Simazine are a good combination to treat it. Now I just have to find out where to get Paraquat, I've never heard of it before.
Try Globe Australia

m287j
08-09-2014, 10:14 PM
I left a message for one of the rep's I deal with. Iin the meantime spoke to a mate who owns and runs a produce store, have purchased an expensive Barmac product called Lawnweeder Plus, 500ml retails for $65. Apparently it will do the job perfectly.

PaulG
19-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Have you sprayed with this yet Matt to see if it works? We have heaps of the same grass around here. I agree with Mark's ID.

m287j
19-09-2014, 09:25 PM
I sprayed it 2 weeks ago when I sprayed the entire lawn with a mixture of Simanex and Bin die. Surprisingly it is dying off from that mixture.
I sprayed my lawn with Simanex and the Lawn Weeder plus yesterday, will keep you posted as my lawn as sections of panic veld grass as well.

PaulG
19-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Cheers Matt

Cranbourne Lawnmowing
20-09-2014, 12:39 AM

Have a damn good think about it before you use paraquat. Look into it . Bloody deadly stuff. It has been band in most countries.

Get a small amount of that stuff into ya and kiss your ass goodby

PaulG
20-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Yep. A farmer died out this way last year when his spray tank exploded and he was covered by the mixture.

seliment
20-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Have a damn good think about it before you use paraquat. Look into it . Bloody deadly stuff. It has been band in most countries.

Get a small amount of that stuff into ya and kiss your ass goodby

+1 to Cranbourne

Paradise us nasty stuff and I think you will need an a chem cert to purchase the stuff (and then probably only in commercial eg min 5l quantities). It's a S7 poison (if I recall correctly)
One of the tradenames is 'sprayseed'
Maybe it should be called spray then get sick later . :(
I think you will find in agricultural broadacre use a fully pressured and filtered tractor cabin is required. Otherwise a fully impervious suit with full breathing gear!

I would avoid the stuff like the plague & ebola
Certainly not for 'domestic' type situations.

Joe

sterlo
21-09-2014, 08:41 AM
+1 to Cranbourne

Paradise us nasty stuff and I think you will need an a chem cert to purchase the stuff (and then probably only in commercial eg min 5l quantities). It's a S7 poison (if I recall correctly)
One of the tradenames is 'sprayseed'
Maybe it should be called spray then get sick later . :(
I think you will find in agricultural broadacre use a fully pressured and filtered tractor cabin is required. Otherwise a fully impervious suit with full breathing gear!

I would avoid the stuff like the plague & ebola
Certainly not for 'domestic' type situations.

Joe

Chem cert wont be sufficient, need an ACUP to purchase and a Commercial Users to charge for the work, Spray Seed's MSDA sheet has a message to doctors that if ingested that palliative care should be implemented as there is NO anti dote.

There is just no need for lawnies/gadeners to use the stuff as its main benefit of use is super fast knockdown without residuals so broadacre farmers can get their next crop in.

Sterlo

Scooby Steve
23-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Safety first, read the safety data sheets people.