PDA

View Full Version : If you don't know how to install irrigation, probably best you learn B4 quoting!

kakegc
31-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Overheard at a major hardware store in Adelaide's southern suburbs today; "I'm returning these solenoids, they don't work, they still let water through when I switch them off at the house power box"

Nothing wrong with the solenoids mate, they have a manual on/off switch on each of them! Or (newsflash!) you could turn them off from the control box! Switching the power off at the box just leaves them in the position that they were in at the time you turned it off! The water supply remains on, regardless of what you do at the power box, so if they're on & you switch the power off at the box, THE WATER STAYS ON!

Yes, he was a contractor & yes, he was installing irrigation as a job.

Bluey
31-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Lol...was he educated?

brodie
31-03-2015, 09:55 PM
To be fair I had a solenoid the other day that wouldn't shut off. Turns out the controller got hit by lightning in a storm and damaged the circuit board, jammed the power open when it ran through the program. Didn't show up on initial install testing as we were testing one at a time and shutting the controller off manually.

These things happen but yes I agree qualified installers should be doing the job.