PDA

View Full Version : Reversing cameras

steveo
21-04-2015, 01:29 PM
I don't know if this is worth a new thread.

Repco have a 4.3inch wireless reverse camera on sale for $149.

What do you look for when buying one other than the price?

Also, where to mount the camera? Above the towball or up on the headboard or both?

It's something I don't need but what are peoples experiences, is it worth it doing?

I'm not so much talking about cars here, I think they are a proven safety feature, especially in SUV's. But what about for towing a mowing trailer all day?

Mow And Go
21-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Only advice I have is do NOT get an ARB reversing camera ...

Redeye
21-04-2015, 08:21 PM
I got a cheap ebay wireless one, been on for about 2 years, so I can line up the hitch over the ball perfectly (its a heavy trailer to move on the lawn) makes life a lot easier

steveo
22-04-2015, 09:33 AM
I want it mainly because when I reverse back up in to the shed through a narrower door I lose sight of the trailer in the side mirrors because it is narrower than the truck. I dunno how a camera would go as it gets in the shed though as the trailer goes in the shed though because it is quite dark in there.

seliment
22-04-2015, 09:53 AM
I want it mainly because when I reverse back up in to the shed through a narrower door I lose sight of the trailer in the side mirrors because it is narrower than the truck. I dunno how a camera would go as it gets in the shed though as the trailer goes in the shed though because it is quite dark in there.

If that is a major requirement, how about fixing camera in the shed instead with wi-fi to truck?
A sort of 'reverse' application of the technology.