PDA

View Full Version : No Starter Cord To Pull Here

RSM-Gazza
13-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Zippardedo dah,

On holidays with my wife and with tha tandem Jayco up NSW Mid Coast.
Been to Cootamunda first a week ago, then lovely Shoal Bay at Port Stephens for a few days and currently at Nambucca Heads for a week. For those who know the White Albatross Park Resort at Nambucca, that's where I'm typing from, over a morning coffee in the van.
The resort has its own tavern by the waters edge, not that we would walk over to it and down a couple of schooners or visit happy hour times then stay for a meal.

Had Fish n Chips by the harbour wharf at Coffs Harbour yesterday arvo whilst watching the harbour activities. Yummo

Got me work cut out when I get back with every customer due again.

Man that concrete highway between Sydney and Newcastle needs a total resurface. It's like driving across a choppy harbour with its ripples. Shakes the day lights out of the van, think I prefer bitumen sealed roads

Humm, Saturday today and I can feel another Schooner or two over a counter lunch the order of the day. :dance

RSM-Gazza
13-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Late yesterday at Woolworths Nambuuca we saw an older EF Falcon belonging to a local mowing/gardening contractor. His vehicle sign writing was applied in thick black texta colour hand written across the the upper rear boot lip. Business name and contact number.
Seriously.

NLALM
13-06-2015, 08:25 PM
If I had of known you were at shoal bay, I would have come up and said giday

RSM-Gazza
13-06-2015, 11:05 PM
The original very loose plan was a one night at Shoal Bay and forge on to Nambucca. I got slack and decided not to drive on the following morning and extended the stay to two days. Actually was tired from the big drive the day prior, along with arriving at Shoal Bay right on sunset.
Plan was also to spend most of the time at Nambucca and some days at South West Rocks. Not going to S/W/R now and staying at Nam. Then the two day long trip home.
If work rosters had of permitted we wanted more time up this way and some further north travel. But getting two weeks was a miracle in its self for this trip.
Some serious road works dual highway duplication up this way and totally needed. As traffic has really increased since I was last up this way in the previous van.
Probably should have put it up on the forum earlier knowing you where in Newcastle.

RSM-Gazza
13-06-2015, 11:13 PM
We have to get back by Friday due to 22 yr old daughter at home flying of to Europe several days upon us getting home. Plus weekend Commercial jobs need another visit.

Next year hoping to get more time off across winter to get to Noosa area.

Woodchip
14-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Good one Gazza,
I think SWR is one of the gems on the MNC tho', good scenery, interesting town with interesting history, nice beaches, good pub & good van parks right next to the water. And importantly doesn't have the pretentious vibe that some expensive coastal towns can have. Nam' is a great place too, with good fishing spots.

RSM-Gazza
14-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Did a half day trip to SWRocks to see it as I've bypassed it on previous trips. We love it, pub looks good , SWR Seafood takeaway makes great tucker and cheap ass. Caravan Park in town is good especially sites away from public footpaths.
Yep we have to do a stay at SWR's with its smaller village feel and magic views across the ocean and beaches across to Nambucca. Walked the main c/park in town to check out suitable site locations to swing a tandem van in for next time.

OK, beer and BBQ time as we have just got back to our van as darkness falls.

NLALM
14-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Mate have you been to Cresent head

RSM-Gazza
14-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Mate have you been to Cresent head
No, but drove around the place in my virtual car and helicopter whilst the misses was watching House Rules. Another nice spot it looks and not over built. I've done the Lakes Entrance Vic to Rainbow Beach QLD and many trips to Tresure Island Resort on the Gold Coast and a few times to Ballina. But not visited every nook and cranny turn off on the highway, but visited many though.
Did those mega coast drives with the last two vans whilst I had unlimited free petrol usuage during past career.
Will do these new coastal towns to us in coming trips. Several places we have visited in the past were recommended to us from a state mgr's personal secretary from my past career. She also said to visit Woy Woy as she raved on about lt, like with Shoal Bay.

RSM-Gazza
14-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Want to see the Barossa Valley too in a future trip.
Stuff it, think we will need to properly retire at this rate to see it all.:confused::confused:

But maybe this next weekend just pull me head in and mow lawns again. :cool:j

RSM-Gazza
14-06-2015, 09:48 PM
said to visit Woy Woy as she raved on about lt, like with Shoal Bay.
Think Woy Woy was meant to be Dee Why

RSM-Gazza
20-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Well Home - Grrr, from our mini winter holiday and worked today being Saturday and again tomorrow Sunday. Actually feels good to earn some money instead of spending it,

For those who don't know the White Albatross Holiday Resort at Nambucca Heads with the Tavern attached just on the breakwater rock wall.
This is it, as we were leaving the other day. Just behind the painted white speed bump to the right of picture is the reception office area parking for the C/Park.
Darn hard having a Café and Tavern right on the park entry whilst one gets accustomed the bewdiful ocean sounds 24/7.

You bet it was hard to get motivated today to do three commercial jobs.

Also the nearby town of Bellingen being part Hippie, organic and historic is an absolute gem of a place too.

The Next tour up that way will be to Sawtell next to Coffs Harbour.

Misses would divorce me if she knew this picture was up in her travel gear.
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/IMG_3508_zpsem98xjmz.jpg (http://s801.photobucket.com/user/fish475/media/IMG_3508_zpsem98xjmz.jpg.html)

RSM-Gazza
20-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Found a good picture on the web of the resort/holiday/tavern.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/fish475/Nambucca%20Heads%20%20CPark_zpsajvvqw8n.jpg (http://s801.photobucket.com/user/fish475/media/Nambucca%20Heads%20%20CPark_zpsajvvqw8n.jpg.html)

BSD
20-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Doing real good mate, I like your posts :)....ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!