PDA

View Full Version : Ute trundle trays

steveo
07-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Looking at getting a trundle tray for the truck. Anyone have such experience, advice tips? Could it be a DIY job or best left to professionals?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mow And Go
13-03-2016, 12:33 PM
watching this with interest. id be weary about doing it myself as some trays need to be lifted with brackets etc to allow the drawer under but it could be done at home with the right gear I guess.

BeetleJuice
13-03-2016, 04:06 PM
I looked at getting one but at those prices i can't see it being enough storage for what they charge.
Installing should be reasonably easy when looking at my Mitsi space,if yours looks similar it should be in within an hour

steveo
14-03-2016, 05:29 PM
The space i have to work with is only about 10cm high (from memory) as opposed to what appears to be offered on ebay being 17cm. tend to agree about the storage versus price although it would be really convenient as you can access tools with a fully loaded tray. How much height do you have to play with in the bitsamishi??

AJD Mowing
14-03-2016, 07:43 PM
I would be lost without mine. Got my pole saw/hedger heads and extensions, sprays, gloves, garden grabbers, small tools, ropes etc in it all locked.

steveo
15-03-2016, 08:18 AM
I would be lost without mine. Got my pole saw/hedger heads and extensions, sprays, gloves, garden grabbers, small tools, ropes etc in it all locked.

How high is your trundle tray, did you get it custom built or did someone install a kit for you?

BeetleJuice
15-03-2016, 03:11 PM
The space i have to work with is only about 10cm high (from memory) as opposed to what appears to be offered on ebay being 17cm. tend to agree about the storage versus price although it would be really convenient as you can access tools with a fully loaded tray. How much height do you have to play with in the bitsamishi??

Only 10cm tall,instead i put a tool box on the tray and if i need to carry anything extra for the day i put it in the tool box.

Fred's mowing
15-03-2016, 05:48 PM

x2, Im really keen too but, 10cm just isn't enough.
How do they get 17cm under there ?
I assume the tray gets lifted ?
Dean, how deep is yours & how does it all work ?
Anyone else got one ?
Cheers Fred.

AJD Mowing
16-03-2016, 07:49 PM
How high is your trundle tray, did you get it custom built or did someone install a kit for you?
Its 120mm Stevo, The ute was 4 years old and had it already installed. Its the original Trundle Tray brand.

AJD Mowing
16-03-2016, 07:58 PM
x2, Im really keen too but, 10cm just isn't enough.
How do they get 17cm under there ?
I assume the tray gets lifted ?
Dean, how deep is yours & how does it all work ?
Anyone else got one ?
Cheers Fred.
Fred its 120mm deep, got a key lock, slides in and out under the tray. I also keep a socket set, screwdriver set, spanner set, club hammer and a couple of garden stakes, stringline, line level for when I have to level a hedge. Ropes, garden grabbers, weed sprays, measure jug, pruners, small garden tools, extensions and heads for pole saw/hedger. I like to keep my tray on the ute as clear as possible for garden waste jobs. I have a spot on the outside of my trailer for rakes, shovels etc. everything else has a spot inside the trailer and that's fully enclosed and locked.
Cheers

steveo
16-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Thanks AJD. Fred, if you google installing a trundle tray you should get a search result for a pdf file from BOCAR for their instructions. I had a quick glance and it says if fitting to an existing tray you have to remove the tray from the vehicle. That is a bit of a bummer.

Fred's mowing
17-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanx Steveo & Dean.
The BT has a work & leisure canopy which is 4 sides +top & bottom.
This means that its sitting on the original tray, so effectively a double floor.
Not sure its gunna work out for me but, I'll do a little more research, they're a great storage concept.
Cheers Fred.

4 Gardens
17-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Thanx Steveo & Dean.
The BT has a work & leisure canopy which is 4 sides +top & bottom.
This means that its sitting on the original tray, so effectively a double floor.
Not sure its gunna work out for me but, I'll do a little more research, they're a great storage concept.
Cheers Fred.

Hey Fred
Do you have any pics of your canopy

I am going to upgrade my old BT50 to a new one later this year and looking at options

Thanks
Andrew

Fred's mowing
17-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Hey Fred
Do you have any pics of your canopy

I am going to upgrade my old BT50 to a new one later this year and looking at options

Thanks
Andrew

Yer, will get some up soon but in the mean time just google AWL canopies.
I was lucky enough to pick up one second hand on Gumtree for 3G, similar new models are about 12G :wtf
Cheers Fred.

4 Gardens
18-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Thanks, will check it out

Fred's mowing
18-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Thanks, will check it out

Will be camping out the back of Omeo at easter.
Thats near Canberra, isn't it ? :cool:
Come over & have a look, its already got quite a few mods, bar, snorkel, winch, light bar, etc.
Cheers Fred.

4 Gardens
19-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Its not far as the crow flies, 250km, but around 6 hours drive

Sounds welll set up