PDA

View Full Version : Bismarck Palms

Scooby Steve
16-08-2016, 05:46 PM
A simple one really Bismarck palms do they work in Melbourne? I've seen two in my travels down here. Both were protected from cold winds and the hot afternoon sun and were doing ok, not great but ok. Has anyone had much to do with them? I'm thinking it will be a tough ask what's your opinion? I have a client who wants one in her garden. It is sheltered from the cold winds but it will cop some afternoon sun in the spot that it's destined for. Beautiful trees when planted in the right area. North coast NSW as an example.

South East Mowing
16-08-2016, 06:44 PM
A simple one really Bismarck palms do they work in Melbourne? I've seen two in my travels down here. Both were protected from cold winds and the hot afternoon sun and were doing ok, not great but ok. Has anyone had much to do with them? I'm thinking it will be a tough ask what's your opinion? I have a client who wants one in her garden. It is sheltered from the cold winds but it will cop some afternoon sun in the spot that it's destined for. Beautiful trees when planted in the right area. North coast NSW as an example.

Yeah quite simple. She's apples !!!:bike:

Scooby Steve
16-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Yeah quite simple. She's apples !!!:bike:

More like she palms but i get where you are going........:whipit:pop worm

kevinsuzanne
19-08-2016, 10:29 AM
they grow up here in mildura

Scooby Steve
19-08-2016, 12:18 PM
they grow up here in mildura

Am i right in saying your winters would be slightly warmer than Melbourne's during the day but in saying that you can get a few overnight temps that can be quite cold. Summers would be hotter than Melbourne's though would that be a fair summation? Great looking palms. I've suggested to the client not to bother with them down here but we''ll see she may over ride that thought (( :