PDA

View Full Version : Plantar fasciitis

Fred's mowing
10-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Anyone had this ?
Doctor google pretty much says this is what Ive got ?
Going to the foot clinic next week to confirm & maybe get shockwave therapy ?
Should have looked into it a little earlier but, Im just stupid :laughing:
Interested to see if anyone in this game has had it & what did they do about it.
Cant be a good thing to have in our game !

Cheers Fred.

geoff
10-11-2016, 08:33 PM
i believe James hird had that problem and look what happened to him:smileydevil:thinking

DavidS
11-11-2016, 06:50 AM
Yes had it a couple of times and found stretching exercises and heel cushion pads worked the best. Dont let them put injections into your heel, BLOODY HURTS and does not last long, maybe 12 months.
I used a piece of inner tube and put it over the ball of my foot, with a straight leg you then pull the tube back up to stretch the ligament. Did this during the day and morning and night. Don't walk around in bare feet or thongs, need to be in joggers or work boots with heel supports or orthotics. Tried rolling my heel on a golf ball, that hurt but it also seemed to help.
Also you can ice pack it if it is really sore it will help ease the pain. Ibobufren is good to if you can take it, helps with the pain and the inflammation.

wattoo
11-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Yes used to roll a tennis ball under the arch of the foot and stretching by putting my kneel on the floor and toes up the wall if u can work that out like stretching ur hamstring. Plus got orthotics in my work boots and other shoes and have not had a problem since and dont get sore feet anymore

Fred's mowing
12-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Thanx David & wattoo.
Hopefully get the correct diagnosis next week & think I will be doing some of the things that you mentioned.
Ive already tried the orthotics, its like walking around with a golf ball under your instep! :eek:
Geoff, Bangers way of remedy was a little more dramatic than Hird's, but I don't think I'll be going there.
Google Robert Harvey plantar.

Suppose it could be worse.
I could be like a ride on dude, & have to try & remove the callus from my arse .... :big grin

Cheers Fred.

DavidS
17-11-2016, 02:51 AM
Fred try getting some of those Scholl inserts that cushion your foot, they are good to. Main thing is keep stretching the ligaments. I ended up doing the stretches at least 3 times a day, before work at lunch and after work, somedays I could do 6 times, sitting on my arse on rideon was always a good time to do them. Never had the problem in the last couple of years of working fulltime. I put it down to the inserts, exercises and buying better quality boots. Cheapo boots just are hard on the soles.

Fred's mowing
18-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Thanx David.
Already got the orthotic inserts & doing the stretches.
He wants to zap me with shock wave therapy which is fine but, coordinating 3 visits at this time of year together with taking it easy for the next day or so will be difficult.
The real cost isn't the cost of the therapy, rather the loss of income.
Just don't want to let my regs down at this time of year but, what price do you put on your health ?

Cheers Fred.

DavidS
22-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Tell to do it Saturday mornings and then you can rest up over the rest of the weekend. Only joking no hope of getting a professional to work on a weekend. Fred you need to do something if it is really giving you heaps. No health no work

PhilG
08-12-2016, 11:12 PM
I have it right now. Resting my foot on frozen peas helps. Tennis ball, stretching all helps. I have had it come and go for years. Been back for about 6 months. Previously hadn't had it for a couple of years. Running with bare feet brought it back this time. Original injury was caused by playing soccer

Fred's mowing
09-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Just had shockwave therapy about 3 hrs ago.
Not exactly fun, like a tiny jackhammer banging away on your heel/instep.
Scheduled for another 2 Friday arvo sessions as Im suppose to rest up with the W/end breaks.
Im hoping this cures it & its not an ongoing concern :i dunno:
No medical insurance on this & its $175 a blast but, well worth it if it works ?
Im over it ! :dean:

To be continued.
Cheers Fred.

BSD
09-12-2016, 08:57 PM
175 / 50 = 3.5 jobs.

Scooby Steve
19-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Part of the game Freddie boy.......that you only have it now means you are much smarter than the rest of us, either that or the good lady wife has been doing all the work all these years (( : .......i'd get advice from the Docs and go from there. Not to be messed with. That and stress fractures in the foot can put you off work for weeks or worse. Take care. I heard more beer helps but that was just hearsay and not to be taken as proper advice.