PDA

View Full Version : Promoting

patch
16-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi all members
I tell other contractors about Independent Lawn Mowing Contractors Of Australia but they seem interested at the time, but never do any more about it. :confused:
Do you guys have the same problem?
Do you think it would be a good idea to have some literature printed up?
(cards with contact number and web site even stickers to go on vehicles)
I know printing is expensive but I for one would be willing to buy them, so I could hand them out.
If we can get more active members then we can have bigger voice in the industry and more buying power.
Regards Patch (Graham)

Easycareacres
16-06-2004, 05:19 PM
yes Patch good idea bigger voice and more buying power is good for us. I took awhile to even think of joining up but with my downtime in day to go purchase or find whats new in shops was downtime. I like the shop on line they have.

Ebony
17-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi Guys,

Your support is fantastic and always appreciated. It really does help everyone when our members participate, whether it be having insurance through the group, purchasing equipment or spare parts or just posting in these forums. Everything you do in relation to the group, in turn helps the group.

Hot topic of the month, some form of advertising. You are right Patch, we have been thinking the same type of thing for awhile now, and more so in the past two months.

OK, this is what we are thinking of. We need a logo and we need a good one :) We are going to hold a competition for a logo design (Someone must be a little creative hehe) Not sure what the prize will be yet lol It will be run through this forum (we will be contacting our active members this month and informing everyone of this forum, this competition, all new updates to the group etc.)

Mediums of advertising we have been thinking of:

Stickers
T-shirts with the logo on them
Now you have suggested some business cards patch, good idea :) Actually we have been working with our printer to bring you all a great price on printing business cards, with the option of full color this time too at great prices. More info coming on that soon

Ideas, Opinions ?

Thanks again patch for this thread and your continued support

Easycareacres
17-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Very good, but im no good with crayons to make a logo but will get my boy as a wizard with drawing etc.
Will later get vechile and trailer signwritten so all this works in good timing.

Stuie
25-06-2004, 05:45 PM
This is also an idea ive had for a while I THINK LAWN MOWERS OF WA have a logo that ive seen about on a trailer.Would add perhaps a little more,if not credibility then profesionalism to your look of you and your vehicle.
STUART :aus-flag:

Ebony
25-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Actually, would be great to see a logo unite the independents even further. Could you imagine it, over night our members all put these stickers on their trailers hehe

I really feel that the next year is going to be a good one for our group and all those associationed with it. Five years have come and gone, time to dig our heals in ;)

Pres Lawn
27-06-2004, 11:02 PM
I know I have talked to you and Dean about this very subject Ebony,
stickers are a great idea but not to big, say two sizes one for the trailer and maybe one the size of a bumper sticker for the car. Also some hand outs to give local contractors explaining what you are all about and the benifits of been a member would be great! You would not have to give them to all the members just a few as it wouldn't take long for the word to get around. I wouldn't like Tshirts but what about polo shirts more professinonal and with the logo and name on it (color could be worked out later). What does everyone think?
Get involved don't sit on the fence :)

Ebony
30-06-2004, 09:53 AM
We are going to be pretty busy next couple of weeks. Being end of financial year, Insurances are coming up, Moving office, Setting up the online store and other related things. But I will do my best to get something up so we can get this rolling :)

Ebony

Easycareacres
30-06-2004, 12:03 PM
can we buy pizzas off you ? online lol

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 12:19 PM
I supreme to Hervey Bay thanks, bring a carton too!
Oh, yeah, garlic bread too...

How long will that take? kinda hungry! :p

Pres Lawn
30-06-2004, 09:20 PM
The more members that use Indy the stronger it will become. I can see big things ahead for ILMCA but we must all support the Indy which ever way we can. :)

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Support em?

Still waitin for my online order of my pizza!

Hard to get good service nowadays! LOL!

just kidding of course!

What is ILMCA?

Ebony
30-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Tony Pizza is not good for you. We at
I ndependent
L awn
M owing
C ontractors of
A ustralia
always have our contractors best interests at heart :)

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 10:55 PM
HMMMM, Having a very blond day!

I just couldn't work indy into the letters, duh!

Too much pizza! ??

touche...lol.

Ebony
30-06-2004, 11:05 PM
That's ok, oh which reminds me I have to put up something in the off topic area regarding forum abreviations for those new to the forum scene. ILMCA will be at the top of explainations hehe.

;) Have a good night www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

I managed to incorporate shipping into our online store today, it actually uses one of australia posts websites to calculate the delivery on items. Everything is going well :) We will have everything on there eventually, from tyre goo :) to safety gear, equipment, spare parts, hand tools, well you know us, anything industry related and it'll be there.

No pizza tho :laughing: can't buy that in bulk

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Shipping?? !!

What, exporting by big boats now!??

Yet, still can't deliver little ol' me a pizza n carton with all of this new age fang dangled technology?

I'm on the coast, chuck in on one of your ships! Geeesh!

Southerners....gotta wander!

You drive a Ford too? LOL!

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Can you put a calender up to so I can keep track of what day it is, as this is becomming a problem to me? LOL!

Hmmmm, who's the nutty one again? LOL! :laughing:

Pres Lawn
01-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Well Ill be in QLD form the 23rd July can you hold off until then Tony and Ill get you that dam pizza, hehehehe. p.s. and the beer :laughing:

Tonyr
01-07-2004, 08:10 PM
HA HA HA!

I would like it warm too please, and the beer icy cold!

Comin' up to the good country eh? ;)

Pres Lawn
02-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Counting the days great place QLD !

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Are you from here mate?

Hey if you are near Hervey Bay you can have a ride on the mighty chick magnet Toro! How bout dat!

Just don't forget the pizza, ol' mate Ebony ain't bein' nice, reckons fat ass toro ridin' dills like me shouldn't eat pizza and beer, lucky the beer isn't fattening eh?

Need my beauty sleep now, and as Eb says, I need plenty of it! LOL!

'night fellow slaves.

Pres Lawn
03-07-2004, 07:33 PM
No I from adelaide love to go on holidays to QLD go every 2 years or so. Great state, great weather (for drinking) would move their tomorrow but still to many ties here! cya (and I sould tell every one my name is Gary)

www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au