PDA

View Full Version : Grass under trampolines

Eastwood
24-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Can anyone tell me why grass grows longer and thicker under trampolines.I have noticed it on a few jobs in the last 2 weeks

ian
24-02-2007, 06:48 PM
filtered sunlight and less heat therefore less drying out of the soil and when it rains the water goes straight through to the soil

administrator
26-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Acts like a shade house :Rain:
Light is one of the most important factors in plant growth. Without it plants are unable to carry out the process of photosynthesis by which they produce their food. The amount of light that falls on a plant depends on the aspect and the density of any tree foliage growing over it. Unless you chop down the tree this is the shade protection that this plant is always going to have. Thanks to the invention of shade cloth, gardeners can now control the density of light and shade that falls on their plants.

Light comes in various wavelengths, referred to as colours, which influence either the foliage growth or the flowering pattern of plants. Shade cloth, regardless of its colour, doesn't significantly affect the wavelengths required for growth, but rather, the amount of UV light transmitted. With plants, just as with people, it's the UV light which burns.

The type of cloth needed as part of a shade house will be determined by the requirements of the plants growing beneath it. The UV filtration factors of 50-60%, 64-75% or 90% are derived from the density of the weave. Cloth with more holes in it allows more UV light to filter through.

chaplain
27-02-2007, 01:51 PM
I second that advice no argument there ;dealers;

ian
27-02-2007, 04:31 PM
further to my post as the grass is in shade it produces more green leafy growth in order to get more sunlight and unlike when it is under trees there are no roots competeing for water and nutrients

MikeD
29-04-2007, 04:58 PM
also less traffic area

ian
03-05-2007, 02:52 PM
it may grow thicker and longer under a trampoline but its less obviose if you gow it in a hot house ora spare room under lights :)

Islandhead
03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
What kind of grass are you talking about ian?!? Not the same as the rest of us methinks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: