PDA

View Full Version : Cancer patient wins roundup payout

jd
20-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Food for thought.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/monsanto-owner-says-glyphosate-is-safe-after-court-orders-290m-cancer-payout

BeetleJuice
20-08-2018, 07:46 PM
He will never see the money
It has been said you can bath in round up for 2 years and not get cancer

Redeye
20-08-2018, 09:26 PM
l'm very sceptical too

djkgrounds
21-08-2018, 12:37 PM
I have done work for a Chemical research Scientist who's job it is to test these sort of health claims. He stated that Glypho is safe for general use. But wouldn't recommend using it all day without atleast gloves, overalls and mask of some sort for field spraying with open cab tractors etc. But for us who only use it for spot spraying etc, there no reason to fear our health over it, but to wear gloves and wash any spills immediately. He says what we use in the shower has worse chemicals in it.

ian
21-08-2018, 04:46 PM
I have done work for a Chemical research Scientist who's job it is to test these sort of health claims. He stated that Glypho is safe for general use. But wouldn't recommend using it all day without atleast gloves, overalls and mask of some sort for field spraying with open cab tractors etc. But for us who only use it for spot spraying etc, there no reason to fear our health over it, but to wear gloves and wash any spills immediately. He says what we use in the shower has worse chemicals in it.

Don't tell lies like this it's highly cancerous and we should all get at least $290million :)

jd
21-08-2018, 08:48 PM
He will never see the money
It has been said you can bath in round up for 2 years and not get cancer

Enjoy the bath. Just glad that i gave up using it.

South East Mowing
22-08-2018, 03:10 PM

It's probably the reason why they have labels on these products with directions on how to use it and what PPE to use> Google PPE if you are not sure because you are probably the one who is taking a spray bath in this stuff!!

BeetleJuice
22-08-2018, 06:09 PM
There is a reason why it has been banned in other countries but a lot of people don't know why as they have never read the full report then they come out with there own versions of what's wrong with it

sterlo
25-08-2018, 02:48 PM
just had my glyphosate bath, now before anyone tells me off for being silly, I did wear gloves, goggles and mask.

BeetleJuice
25-08-2018, 03:59 PM
just had my glyphosate bath, now before anyone tells me off for being silly, I did wear gloves, goggles and mask.

LOL
Now that's one way of getting rid of those zits

BSD
25-08-2018, 06:08 PM
The problem is the chemical will be removed eventually because of the high legal costs involved defending the case. Remember Organochlorines , Heptachlor, Aldrin, Dieldrin, and Chlordane. Used the wrong way and its banned. Roundup will go the same way........one day.

Fred's mowing
25-08-2018, 07:06 PM
The problem is the chemical will be removed eventually because of the high legal costs involved defending the case. Remember Organochlorines , Heptachlor, Aldrin, Dieldrin, and Chlordane. Used the wrong way and its banned. Roundup will go the same way........one day.

In Canada a couple of weeks back & roundup is on display but locked up as you need a licence to buy it.
This was in Home depot, Bunnings equivalent.

Cheers Fred.

BSD
25-08-2018, 09:23 PM
The way to go it seems, i think.

South East Mowing
09-09-2018, 02:29 PM

What about that third testi*** you told me about? Did you find out if it was the Glypo?

sterlo
09-09-2018, 03:27 PM
What about that third testi*** you told me about? Did you find out if it was the Glypo?

All good, they swing like those Kinetic Energy Balls on a desk

BeetleJuice
09-09-2018, 04:15 PM
All good, they swing like those Kinetic Energy Balls on a desk

Customers must be thinking "what's that clicking sound you're making"

ASTRO
16-02-2019, 10:49 PM
Recent American E.P.A studies on people working with glyphosate have a 41% increase of developing cancer.

ian
17-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Recent American E.P.A studies on people working with glyphosate have a 41% increase of developing cancer.

actually it's a published paper from some researchers at Washington state university not the E.P.A and they found that "people with high exposures to the popular pesticides have a 41% increased risk of developing a type of cancer called non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)" note that they do not state what amount constitutes a high exposure also it's a meta data analytic study (so looking at previous studies no new research here ) this includes studies of pesticide applicators and farmers and considering there is other research that has shown "meta-analyses showed that phenoxy herbicides, carbamate insecticides, organophosphorus insecticides and the active ingredient lindane, an organochlorine insecticide, were positively associated with NHL" there are also published papers linking increased amounts of Cadmium to increased risks of NHL but no one seems to want to talk about the risks from using cheap fertilisers (no one big company to sue here)

Also I found this article interesting
"No one knows what is causing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cases to increase in the United States. According to a study published in 2000 by the National Cancer Institute, between 1973 and 1997, there was an 81% increase in new cases of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, with a 4% increase every year since 1950.
In the last decade, new cases of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma have leveled off. However, in 2013, experts estimate that 70,000 Americans will be diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, with a lifetime risk of about 1 in 50. The exact cause behind the majority of these cases is unknown."

Glyphosate was released to the market in 1974 so the rise in NHL cases in my opinion appears to be the same since it's release as it was in before

steveo
19-02-2019, 08:36 PM
In Canada a couple of weeks back & roundup is on display but locked up as you need a licence to buy it.
This was in Home depot, Bunnings equivalent.

Cheers Fred.

Truth is stranger than fiction Fred. If the same thing is happening in the US does that mean you could potentially have roundup locked up in a display next to an unlocked gunrack and you would need a licence to buy roundup but no licence to buy an automatic weapon. All this in a country that has nuclear weapons ready to go at the push of a button. They have a strange concept of risk.