PDA

View Full Version : mower problem

Eastwood
25-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I have 2 honda buffalo mowers but one of them seems to die under longer grass. I have recently had them serviced and this problem has just surfaced,have you guy's any ideas as to why before I take it back to the mower shop and complain ,any thoughts would be appreciated.

administrator
25-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Peter this might seem a silly question but why did you get them serviced .

Eastwood
25-02-2007, 05:32 PM
not a silly question, as I have had them for nearly 2 years I thought it a good idea to have them checked over so that they last me another 2 years before I hopfully will retire. I'm not very mechanically minded when it comes to motors and things.

administrator
25-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Well a service consists of change oil change filter change spark plug clean change blades clean fuel bowl and tank check make sure everything is still there and let you know on a 30 point check to see if any probs may be occuring .

I would take it back to them if nothing was wrong with the unit b4 it went into service then i would say they may have done something and not reset it properly or coincidence may have a play here but i doubt it

it will be something minor

i would also check and make sure they have a qualified small engine mechanic employed

the reason i say this is they are in very short supply generally shops could have a non qualified person or persons working for them .

administrator
21-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Peter make sure the Governer springs and linkages are tight may need to be replaced u cant really adjust the governer

This can cause hunting also and loss of power worst scenaireo is loss of compression :confused:

Eastwood
21-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I took it back and they replaced the governor spring,cleaned the carbie and adjusted valve clearance reset top engine speed (was 4100 should be 3100) They did a run and test and checked the compression they said it was running ok I only picked it up today so will run it tomorrow,hopefully it will be alright otherwise back to the shop

administrator
22-03-2007, 05:36 PM
How did they perform today Pete

good i hope

Eastwood
22-03-2007, 05:53 PM
guess what I took the mower back at the shop. Had a call at 4:45 the motor is stuffed.Luckily for me it is still under warranty and honda are coming to the party to repair it.It seams to much dirt and dust got into the pistons and rings (due to our big dry spell) and stuffed them.It sounds like that the filter system on the honda 196 needs to be addressed. Apparently this has happened to other honda mowers as well according to my contact at the shop. It seams the plastic pipe under my filter was warped thus letting in the dust .I think it needs a snorkle system on them like the old victa mowers.I know you can buy them for the hondas and I will be making some enquiries.

Eastwood
31-03-2007, 05:11 PM
update on my mowers mower no1 new motor replaced by honda on warranty. mower no2 sent back to honda and replaced with a new mower.It appears that honda australia has identifed the problem with the plastic pipe under the filter warping letting in dirt and dust into the carbie.no2 mower being sent back to honda japan as is to show them the problem that is occurring because they do not believe this is happening,hopfully this will convince them. so if any contractors are having any problems with their mowers and they are still under warranty take them back to where you purchased them and have them checked out by honda