PDA

View Full Version : AMC Ride-ons,Anyone use them?

activegrip
19-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi,

Anyone had any experience with AMC brand of mowers?

Cant seem to find anything in the search reults.

Cheers

raemac1
19-03-2007, 02:59 PM
:wave-hi: HI activegrip
yes i have one it's an explorer mk 2 great little unit it's only a 33 inch it's all i need at the moment it's got a 13 horse honda key start as well as pull / jumper start with hour meter strong little unit my dad has one and he swears by them he's only got a 13 horse briggs compeard to the honda motor commpletly different but if ya want more info get on there web site they have different models

rossco :)

raemac1
19-03-2007, 03:06 PM
sorry activegrip

here's the web site . www.amcmowers.com.au
rossco

activegrip
19-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Rossco,

Thanks for that, am just doing the mowing part-time at the mo, however am slowly building a base of regular customers, and need to be a little quicker to fit more in on the days that I mow.As I'm in Cairns too, bloody hot at the moment to be pushin the pushie!

It also needs to fit through gates!

Will go down to the local dealer and have a sqiz.

Just noticed your in Umina! My parents live in Saratoga, and I spent many years surfing around Foresters etc, no surf up here, but plenty of long grass!

Cheers,

Mitch

administrator
19-03-2007, 05:00 PM
First time i heard of em so many brands on the market for a little country :wave-hi:

raemac1
19-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I myself are doing this parttime but it's pretty hard trying to pick up more regulars when there's 30 or more people out there trying to do the same thing lucky for now i have full time employment which helps a great deal with exspences . I've tryed to fit mine through the side gates but the deck and the shoot get in the way .if ya do go the AMC let us know what ya get

rossco .

p.s addmin they have been around for years i found them about i think 9 years ago i think there at hoshem victoria
sorry about the spelling :laughing: :wave-hi:

raemac1
19-03-2007, 07:29 PM
and AUSTRALIAN MADE.

administrator
19-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Even Better

Getting excited :ebony:

Wggc
20-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Heeey ,
Im new to hear but ive seen AMC on the Western hwy in Horsham on the way to Adelaide a couple of yr's ago .
Dont know much about them , btw i have a john deere rideon as i decided the've got dealerships nearly everywhere esp up along the Murray river where i own an acre block so spares arent much of a problem :P:P

activegrip
25-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Went down to one of the dealers here in Cairns who has Cub Cadet, Hustler, AMC and Cox.

He's pushing the Cox, as he recons they are the lowest maintenance, "simple design" mower there is.The 13-32/ 15-32.

He was saying that the mowers with hydrostatic transmissions don't go up hills very well, especially if it's wet, and well it gets very wet up here.

Anyone with experince in this area, comments please!

Would the AMC or Cox be fast enough?

Mitch

administrator
26-03-2007, 01:10 PM
ZERO TURN IS A MUST IN A RIDE ON MAKES THE CUT MUCH FASTER

DOES YOUR MOWER MAKE THE CUT

activegrip
26-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks Admin,

Zero-turn it will be, and out the window with the budget! :(

Shepparton Lawn Care
26-03-2007, 09:27 PM
G'day Active Grip,
I have recently purchased a SCAG Z Cat zero turn. (I have managed to put 50 hours on it). I went with the 36" deck as opposed to the other option of a 42" simply because i can get more rear access to properties with the 36". It comes with a 3 year warrranty. The deck has 2 year warranty with the 3rd Year parts only. It has a 19 H.p Kawasaki engine. It has a 115 ltr catcher attached to the side,which I have found to still collect clippings well in the wet-not getting clogged in some chute on the way to the catching point. You can mulch, side throw or catch. I found it a good entry point into the zero turn market. You should get change out of $15000.00. So far I'm happy but obviously time will tell. I had a small engine mechanic with 15 years experience(he's worked on them all-walker,toro,hustler,cox,greenfield etc) come with me to check it out and he was impressed with its design, engine and build quality, for the price. Hope this doesn't confuse you, but it's a big step!. Get the dealer or dealers to bring the machine to one of your properties so that you get a real "feel" for the machine and you will soon find a machine that is right for you. Happy tyre Kicking!!

activegrip
27-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Simon,
Great post, thanks.I had looked at the Scag on the net but cant find a dealer up here in Cairns.
But thats the sort of thng I'd like.Small, uncomplicated, well built.I dont need all the bells and whistles.
Although I did notice that the Scag website says they should not be used to mow on inclines greater than 15 degrees.
Stay tuned!

administrator
27-03-2007, 09:02 AM
AMC WENT FOR THE DOMESTIC MARKET NOT MUCH IN THE PRO CIRCUIT MAYBE IN THE FUTURE :aus-flag:

nigelr
20-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Activegrip I own both an AMC and a Cox.
The little 10.5hp 26" cut Cox has a cone drive, the 16hp 33" cut AMC is a cork drive, both are strongly built units.
The AMC is more comfortable and cuts better, but the Cox has by far the stronger drive, much better on hills.
IMHO the cork drive on the particular model AMC I own is under-engineered. I will be looking at beefing up the drive with larger bearings and shafts next winter when I have the time.
Damn shame really the company didn't spend a few more $$$ on buil costs, but with a stronger drive the AMC will be a very fine mower indeed for my usage, which is pretty typical kikuyu small acre work of varying steepness.
Find this a lot with gear, lots of it built to a 'price point' rather than a 'quality point', experience has taught me to only buy quality, where practical.
Cheers.

Ian1
28-10-2007, 10:02 PM
AMC just went into liquidation last week is what I`m hearing

nigelr
04-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for that info Ian1, that may explain why a part I ordered for my AMC 6 weeks ago, via a previously reliable retailer, has not arrived.
Cheers.

Just Love Gardening
21-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Sorry , haven't had the opportunity to use one yet

Ian1
22-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Parts are available from Roy Gripski and Sons (G.A.) for most AMC`S.
Amc`s are good tough slashers with a few design issues.Nothing time and money can`t fix !!!!
GA Power Equipment Spares