PDA

View Full Version : Stump grinding !

Wggc
22-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Im interested to find out how many people in the field have stumps in the yards they mow & size etc , i have worked for a few tree contractors in the past & have a few friends in the industry .
any replies would be grateful :wave-hi:

lifestyle
01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Well better late than not at all :)

I've been looking at stump removal/grinding as a side line operation. I don't think there would be enough work around to run it as a full time business, it certainly wouldn't create a wage enough to put on a full-timer to run it (not here in Tasmania at least).

geoff
01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
I reckon if you had the machine..some outlay of course but if you subby to the tree contractor i would say it would be worthwhile
How many times does your cutomer say can u get rid of the stump , and many of my tree lopper contacts say its a pain to stump grump , they make heaps out of cut lop and run and going back to grind the stump is a pain.....

danz
03-06-2008, 10:40 PM
There was a guy in my area that had a stump grinder and its a little town with bloody heaps of trees etc and hes the only bloke that does it,, he charges what he wants, i remember thinkin bloody hell thats expensive, but he's still doing,, im not sure if he does it full time etc,,, with people the way they were the last two years like buying any sort of block clearing it and building like crazy i couldnt see how there wouldnt be work for these things, as for how much i dont know