PDA

View Full Version : Regulations in our industry

Eastwood
23-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know if there is any regulations in Victoria that guide us when we do our jobs as to signage and saftey out in the street. It has been mentioned to me that I need lots of safety cones and signs and they need to be placed at different intervals on the road. My research has not shown me any results.Who should I be contacting for any advise

administrator
23-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Traffic procedures

Vic Roads maybe

Hustler
23-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I use saftey cones as commom courtesy it just covers yourself and looks good for the industrie.
Regards Nev :wave-hi: :)

Wggc
23-05-2007, 06:58 PM
yes there is :i dunno: lol to a degree , it really depends on the speed & the roadside you are working on !!!! above 80 km on a main road you need roadsigns & a 1.5 metre buffer zone from the start of the road shoulder ! im not sure as to mowing as there is exemptions for mowing contractors on vicroads contracts etc , it would be worth a call to your local shire council etc to see what laws are in place to cover you against litigation should an incident occur & maybe a roadside traffic management course such as i have for working alongside roads esp if a slight diversion in traffic is needed !! :mad: , it will give you some insight into where you stand regarding working on the roadsides etc , not sure on the cost as my employer pays mine ;frosty; lol Arbortrim does vicroads aproved courses etc as well as others like chainsaw etc here's the website >> http://www.arbortrim.com.au/ by the way , the tower in the picture is a 75 ft gmj which ive been up in !!! :russ: lol

grasscutter
24-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Mate if you dont know about mowing why post its all different in your feild as the machiery is bigger and takes up more room :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno: ;frosty; ;frosty; ;frosty; thats my opinon so be it

Wggc
24-05-2007, 06:15 PM
grasscutter , i used to work mowing on vicroads property ie highways etc mowing on front deck mowers & also 4wd tractors & had to have multiboard signs displayed etc , that' why i stated to contact local councils etc to offer a little help , yes i do operate towers & chippers along roadsides etc , i prefer not to say anything more in case my info could be wrong by being out of date as the rules to working alongside roads are changing so rapidly !!! everyone has a right to have a say , it's up you to make use of it or dismiss it !!!! :dean: lol my say also
cheers :laughing:

Islandhead
24-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Well said Wggc, people shouldn't diss other peoples posts. I know I have gained a lot of good information from the experience of the people on this forum. Keep it up guys and girls, and many thanks. :wave-hi: :wave-hi:

Wggc
24-05-2007, 07:14 PM
thanks islandhead , it's difficult enough to try n run a business on your own let alone know all the rules in place these days !!! if we can all put in some input maybe we can cover our backsides so when the s*** hits the fan , we have at least shown to have made an effort to ensure our workzone is safe & measures have been put in place to warn the public ! :wave-hi: i have to fill in "risk assessements" everyday in my job & also while i was grass cuttin 4 vic roads & melb water .
every job varies & is not much difference when doing domesic lawn mowing , esp if the job requires cutting grass alongside a busy road & is a long naturestrip etc
cheers :laughing:

Mobbster
05-06-2007, 08:23 PM
:i dunno: i have been thinking (as we do mowing) and i am sure it has been thought of before - Should all the professional lawn contractors have to do a training course and be licensed as other trades are - maybe this would give more Credibility to our industry and get rid of the pretend lawn mower people who are only around for the summer, Who hires an unlicensed plumber or Electrician
:i dunno: just my thoughts

administrator
22-06-2007, 09:57 PM
yes isnt it great how a certificate allows u to rip off who ever you want to
plumbers electricians doctors :rolleyes:

chaplain
03-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Cant beat somebody that knows what there talking about personally certificates are good for legal people
This country has done all right with she will be right mate even the baddies can have a certificate .
Check out doctor death and recent bombers in england doctors no less .