PDA

View Full Version : Lawnmowing Industry courtesy in the industry

Pain in the Grass
18-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey guys,, hope everyone's doin ok......

Just a quick observation.....I try to be as professional and courteous as I can in this game, both to my clients and others in the industry.....However, it seems that on more occasions than not...other operators that I see during my daily travels dont share the same courtesy....

Cant count the times I give a wave or a nod when I pass or pull up nearby other guys but dont seem to get the same back...Even when at the tip,,,it's like tryin to get blood out of a stone when you try and start up a conversation with some (not all mind you) Starting to think I'm the one with the problem.......Any others out there had the same experience.

Indyanswer
18-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Yes i dont actually think its the industry its actually the way people are in australia today when 9 11 hit people were over nice for 6 months, even that christmas i had more presents than ever had from clients , then they went back to themselves sign of the times especially in the cities not so much in the country areas . ;frosty;
lol just be :laughing: happy and the world will smile with you I am singing in the :Rain:

Pain in the Grass
18-06-2004, 09:50 PM
singin in the rain...you got rain???????please please please send it up here....things are getting real tuff here when I cant even mow my housing commission jobs cos the boss thinks the grass aint grown in the last month..........hell,,, there goes next weeks wages

Tonyr
19-06-2004, 08:28 AM
I know what you mean mate...

When I first started out here at the Bay I used to catch and dump clippings at the tip, that was always fun as usually there would be at least one dickhead there who was apparently not happy seeing me with a nifty ride on in the trailer, guys here just carry a crappy old pushy and an even older crappier rider which I think never sharpen blades lol. I used to cop the crap, snarls, smart arse comments, even a few passive threats.

Most 'contractors' here wouldn't wave or say g'day, now I don't collect clippings and don't go to the tip, I don't get to experience the **** anymore, after 2 years of constantly waving, being polite etc, 90% here kinda know me and the network of those I consider contractors not ****bags wave, say g'day etc, it is just a nice feeling you get knowing we can be professional and friendly, breaks that cold feeling you get when you get glares not waves.

just professional courtesy....as for the morons that used to hastle me at the tip...don't see them around as much nowadays, and they wouldn't want to stand in the way of the mighty Toro, I mow weeds, the scum in this industry is just weeds! lol.

That was fun :)

Easycareacres
19-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Well I still wave no matter what as later down track always bump into them, I even go outa way if mowing beside old guys struggling to mow his front lawn, zap over 2 mins done and get a free beer lol.

mick
08-07-2004, 10:06 PM
I almost always wave if I see another mower guy driving. I make a point of it! If they wave back, good. If not, ok! These days I'd say 80-90% of them wave back now!

Remember, its hard to see sometimes if there waving or not. Sometimes I cant even see a face if the suns in the wrong spot or from glare. I wave anyway! Lifes too short :ebony:

www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au