PDA

View Full Version : toro mowers

Pain in the Grass
18-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey all..

Anyone know much about the Toro self propelled three in one mowers......Are they any good?????? C'Mon TonyR...I'm sure you"ll give em a big wrap he he :laughing:

Speaking of which......After seeing that Big Red Machine of yours...I'm starting to suffer from ZTR envy!!!!!!!!!!!

Indyanswer
18-06-2004, 09:13 PM
lust another problem for contractors :ebony:

Tonyr
18-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Push mowers...??
What language are you speaking?
What is this thing you speak of???

I just mow little ol' lawns with my little ol' ZTR...does the job LOL!

Seriously though, I looked at a Toro self propelled the other week, no gears as such, some thing else, NICE, I will probably buy one next year.

Dr Pain, you just gotta get yourself a ZTR!

Come up here for a weekend and you can play on mine to see if it's you or not, same goes for any members that aren't my direct opposition LOL.

So sre we doing the feeding the debtor into the ZTR deck anytime soon or what? I've got it all juiced up ready!

patch
18-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey all..

Anyone know much about the Toro self propelled three in one mowers......Are they any good?????? C'Mon TonyR...I'm sure you"ll give em a big wrap he he :laughing:

Speaking of which......After seeing that Big Red Machine of yours...I'm starting to suffer from ZTR envy!!!!!!!!!!!

Good mulching but no good for catching shoot is to small blades are expensive so I converted them to throw back system (rover rid-on blades)with a down draft fan to circulate the clipping.
PATCH

Easycareacres
19-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Whats a Toro sounds like african elephant

Tonyr
19-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Scag.....?

Sounds like Dag...something that hangs off a sheeps bum LOL!

Gotcha Russ!! LOL!

G'Day ole fella!

Easycareacres
19-06-2004, 08:34 AM
haaa Tony you are here was waiting to look in this thread today but you saw it lol

odin
19-06-2004, 11:14 AM
on my turf the toro proline cant be beat ..mulches great baggs prtty good ...i love em

Pain in the Grass
19-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys for the replies........

Still waiting to win Lotto before I can buy a ZTR Tony......Or a sudden rush of customers......Here on the coast there aint that many acres to mow but would still be good for unit blocks.....

I might take you up on that offer to come up and play with that machine of yours.....If you could pelase forward a return airfare ticket that'd be great... :laughing: :laughing:

Oh and would I be paid for my time on the machine???? :laughing:

Seriously, that sounds like a great offer,,thanks mate,,might take it up

Tonyr
19-06-2004, 01:35 PM
LOL! Yeah, Free accomodation meals and alcohol, Free airfare and return, Paid instruction/learning/playing time (above standard rates too!) Plus I'll dig up 50 new big acreage contracts in Sydney for you, plus no interest finance on a new Z, and I'll throw in a new dual cab 6cylinder 4 x 4 ute, and ***y young chick offsider for free.

Let me know how I can help ya out more ol' mate.

Ha, ha, ha!

Rod
02-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I have a Toro "Pro Line" Self propelled. Not real happy with it I also have a Z cutter Ride on (Love this one.)

Save your money and buy a Honda Commercial (dearer.) Anybody else not happy with the Toro self propelled commercial models?

Ebony
02-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi Rod welcome to our humble forum ;)

Can I ask why you are not happy with the Toro Self Propelled?

Also have you owned a Honda Self Propelled

Ebony

Rod
02-07-2004, 01:05 PM
It does not mulch as well as a Honda, weighs a tonne (at least) so if there is any amount of moisture or even a little thatch it spins its wheels.

:i dunno:

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Toros name is only good if spend 50-60$$000n all there **** copy crap belive me used them needs hydrolic arms etc other than that all copie crap, soorry tony but my view.
Levis jeans simular understand quality and strength guage steel, and years of no. ahhhhh need another beer. nice to be one sided to others lol
;)

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi Rod, welcome to the crazyness!

Re: Anybody else not happy with the Toro self propelled commercial models?

I can't comment on things ya push, but I can comment of things ya ride, I've got a Toro Z588E 04 mod, unstoppable!
Got pics on this forum somewhere...

much better than daggy old scags any day hey Russ? LOL!

Russ, mate, buddy, chum, pal....wish you wouldn't smoke crack while you are drinking, what are you raving on about with the mighty Toro's?

Send the drugs up here, you've had enough, ha, ha, ha!

Ebony, you wander why I call you petal, look at your gorgeous avatar pic of your lovely self! LOL>

Who's next while I'm firin'? :) :frightene

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 05:28 PM
ha love it got me on my beer night and scotches, ha love a scapy chat.
I think toros like ol nanas holdens dunna na.
would advice to any new one ha dont even go ther for self propelled oush one. they all in there to make a buck. come on wake up Toro have great park wing mowers etc haa wait to you see the up keep in parts. look at redcliffe council they piss machines of every 2 years as most financial council in QLD. Yes they are. Toys new ok whos can stay up ? homework /
Whos going to plow a 400 acre job with a massy ferg or a stieger ? what one lasts.

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 05:38 PM
come on tony lets keep it going heeee
:laughing:

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 05:42 PM
owe man got no bites

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 05:43 PM
im just a sweet tranvestite for pennsillvalina

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Sorry rev up night im on coffee now i think toros hee are really good

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Just got back from a drive/perve down the beach road and got a DVD.

Pass that pipe lol, my turn now! LOL!

400 acre job, Steiger mate.
40 acre, the Fergy...

1 acre to infinity...CASE!

i HAD A 3220 on the farm, great! Better than my mates J.D's.

When Ebony gets a pictures forum up I'll post pics of the tractors, new and old and crops, spraying etc.

Toro's...can't argue mate, I have had 2, the last Z was good, but had faults which costed me, the new Z588E is running and cutting as sweet as!

I know the council here loves their Groundsmasters, nice cut too!

Pushies, what you say about them I'll believe as I just dunno 'bout em.

hate drinking on a empty stomach...corn meat fritters tonight, was going to the pub but can't really afford it LOL!

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Toro's are chick magnets:

Toro's are fastest!:

Toro's are a cool but hot action colour:

Toro's have attitude:

Toro's work hard:

Scags....orangy *** kinda colour...

not enticing to chicks...

mudguards on a Z? hmmm, with stripes! geesh!

Scags, not of action colour:

Scags...attitude? hmmmm.
Got animal stripes, very 70's *** stuff goin' on...LOL>

Scags, work hard? More likely enjoy waching chick magnet Toro's work out! ha, ha, ha!

BTW, Toro is FASTER than daggy old Scag...Fact!
Just ask me, I'll tell ya!

HA, HA, HA, HA!

Passing the pipe back now.....

WA Idependent Mowing
02-07-2004, 09:18 PM
mmm, yes i looked a few different machines before i purchased the 216 self propelled yes no pushing for this old dog! i Figger i pushed a shearing handpiece for 13 long years is long enough! i'd like to see you look @ the new roverprocut 560 with honda motor i would of thought seriously about it if i'd seen it i was also in a hurry as you r when things **** themselves! it is 22 inch cut variable speed so i guess you would look at what type? THIS really appeals a FULL WIDTH ejection chute OOOOOHHH! watch out for projectiles there!! large rear wheels heavy duty cast base choice of briggs or honda gx140 take the honda of CAUSE so i think it would be well worth a look. i would like to hear from anyone currently working this machine. i don't like the poly catcher. THEY left that on there so the contractors could WHINGE! ha ha :laughing:

pbm
02-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Haven't seen the new Rover Procut self propelled yet. I have always prefered Rovers against Hondas as the only thing the Honda has going for it is the engine, so if the Rover has a full widthe ejection and a Honda engine I know what I would be looking at. I did have a look at the Toro 21" self propelled when I took a Z like Tonyr's for a test drive. It looked ok but I wouldn't buy a mower with a Briggsy, although I have seen a picture with a Suzuki 2 stroke fitted. They are brilliant engines, although like any 2 cycle a bit thirsty. I run one on my Rover 20" push mower.
:Rain:

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 10:11 PM
OK, here's a question for you guys who love hard work, if you could buy those push mowers e.g 36'' to 48'' I think they are that are hydro driven, would you use them?

The Americans use them a lot, Toro makes them, Exmark etc, and I think they put this thing called a 'sulky" behind it to sit on instead od walking....never seen one here, but wandered if there is a market for them here?

I think they call them 'walk behinds'....

pbm
02-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Don't see the point in a 36' - 48' walk behind. The Walker would be quicker and easier.

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 10:20 PM
My thoughts exactly...that's why I wanted to ask.

Seems weird...maybe I'm missing their purpose or something.

Where is that rat bag KIWI, he might be able to enlighten us?

Russell, where tho art thou?

Ebony
02-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Yea must admit I have wondered about that myself lol. With the investment and the size why not just use a ride-on

Ebony

pbm
02-07-2004, 10:55 PM
There must be a market for them in the States as Walker now make one....they call it "The Walker by Walker"...ugh

odin
03-07-2004, 07:12 AM
THE REASON BELT DRIVE WALK BEHINDS OF 36 TO 48 or popular her is ....they cost a fraction of the cost of walkers and ztr mid mounts ....you figure it out ...48 walkbehind ..2200 to 2800 for most good ones...wALKER ...10000 TO 11000 ..most guys dont bagg here to.

Ebony
03-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Ah yes life is good for you americans lol. I am almost 100% sure we could not get the walk behind mowers for much less then we get a ride-on

Tonyr
03-07-2004, 09:28 AM
No wander the Americans can earn a lot in this biz and have all the new flash gear, look at those prices! 10K for a Z! Mine cost me 24K, Even Honda self propelled pushies are up to 2.5K, rediculous.

Different worlds eh?

Thanks for coming in Odin, I was interested in this, thanks.

odin
03-07-2004, 11:51 PM
its more or less a guy mowing little city sized lots up to half acre ..he can m ow a ton of lawns in a day ..with a 48 belt drive ...at a frac tion of the cost of a ztr or walker ....for the right sized lawns the walks are very productive .

Easycareacres
04-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Tony sorry for being rude other night was so drunk. dam im never gunna drink scotch and coke anymore nope will try scotch and dry lol

Tonyr
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi Russ!

What are ya on about mate?

Rude?

You weren't rude, we were all just muckin' around mate, I certainly never thought you were rude, I reckon ya a good bloke!

appology not excepted....you did nothing to appologise for!

I drank black douglas whisky for the first time in 13 years last night, drank lots...saw 3 am come lol.

The coke made me crook...lemonade or gingerale is better! lol.

still dunno what you are appologising for mate...did I miss something?
We all know Toro's look ***ier and go faster than Scags, there was never any confusion bout dat!

Easycareacres
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
ha tony jethrull me buddy thats cool was worried as wow i was a 2 yo spastic drunl couldnt stand up wife wants me locke in shed now

Tonyr
04-07-2004, 01:07 PM
ha, ha mate, in the dog house eh?

I'll see you there, lol.

i didn't see you do anything wrong 'ere mate.

oh no...you didn't mistake the neighbour's poodle for a Kiwi sheep did ya? ha ha ha ha!! :laughing: ;frosty;

sorry mate, couldn't resist!

''he with ***iest mower wins ya know!''

Easycareacres
04-07-2004, 06:09 PM
nothing wrong with ol woolie bunty baa

Easycareacres
05-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Tony how do you feel with your toro dealer ? Im pissed with scag dealer one in caloundra is no back up and pathitic, other goldcoast is on learning curve with them. Man hate inexperinced shops, how are they allowed to operate ?. Might go buy 2 ferris just to pee them off. Have this new mulching unit from germany they say i have to buy another scag with implement etc, arrived today from melbourne and expect me to drive down to demo. Haaa they can come to me up there funnels
:russ:

Tonyr
05-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey Russ,

my local Toro dealer and my actual dealer are both not able to provide a machine if mine is down, but toro has a 2 day thing with parts any long term breakdown I'm sure Toro would give me another temp.

Toro service with this machine now with a bigger dealer is excllent, bend over backwards for me. no complaints at all, very helpful, very professional, very, very fast at getting me stuff!

But I have had a bad experience with one early last year, real prick!
left me stranded and wouldn't get it fixed on warrantee, bad attitude.

This new year my Toro experience with service and machine has been excellent.

Ferris, I like them, but no mulch kit made as per my demo last sept.
John is brissy was very good.

too cold in Melbourne mate, stay in qld!~

Easycareacres
05-07-2004, 07:39 PM
yes tony toro is bigger up from us big mower shop etc and good if needing parts etc. My probs minor as do all my own service welding whatever, just they tag on extra from the melbourne suppliers that gets me. Example I order x2 fuel filters for mowers, $70.00 now I go down road to anymower shop and ask for x2 fuel filters $16.00 same filters. See all other parts that only they supply have this tag on. Not that I cant afford to buy them I just refuse the easy mark up to pay for there 4 week hollidays etc.
We need pro care to import more lol. $131.00 for air filter every 2 months, and 2 machines. Its a crime they can charge this.