PDA

View Full Version : How to become a treelopper

raemac1
05-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Hi guys can some one in the business tell me what do i need to be a tree lopper meaning tickets and insurances
rossco :wave-hi:

Wggc
10-07-2007, 10:55 PM
lots of $$$$$$$$ LOL ;frosty; well ytou need to become trained in climbing & depending on what you want to do etc traffic manegement course , exemption 5099 limits of approach ( powerlines nsw ) ewp over 11metres , woodchipper training , chainsaw level 2 , then insurance which say up to 100 ft which will cost thousands etc mind you this is just some of the things you would need !!! prive work in backyards you can discount the powerline & traffic training but to do bigger stuff , you will need to either hire or buy a decent woodchipper & tipper of @ least 6 inch minimum cut pref a 9 inch chipper !!!!! good selection of professional saws !!! hope you have a good bank manager or have plenty of $$$$$$ lol cheers any more info pls reply back ;frosty;

raemac1
17-07-2007, 07:31 AM
thanks WGGC :frightene wooooowww i fort sow thanks mate i think i'll just stick to the basics

rossco :)

Wggc
17-07-2007, 07:53 PM
good idea rossco , i think the best way to go in this business is to get whatever a ( power pruner) will reach comfortably & maybe form a friendship with a local tree climber who will do your work @ a good rate & might even show you some of the basics of climbing so you can go & tackle some of the jobs yourself :wave-hi: a company in melb called arbortrim >>>>>>>> http://www.arbortrim.com.au does many different courses in the tree industry & im pretty sure they operate in other states like brissy !! might be worth a look or a phone call to see if they could help you achieve some experience in the industry which will help you earn some extra $$ doing your rounds ;frosty;
cheers :wave-hi:

Wggc
20-12-2007, 08:23 PM
anyone know where a 9 inch brushbandit chipper & an 8 tonne tipper are for sale :rolleyes: in vic of course :laughing:

Just Love Gardening
04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi guys can some one in the business tell me what do i need to be a tree lopper meaning tickets and insurances
rossco :wave-hi:

Hi, I noticed you are in the Kariong area, So am I. My brother Colin runs a tree lopping business. He'd be quite happy to chat with you on how to set one up for yourself. Just a word of thought though. Its all relative to the risk vs return senario. The higher the risk , the greater the return you can charge. Colin cut out my tree for me which was quoted as $3500 for the job. It took 1 1/2 hours from the start to finish. Not a bad hourly rate is it. So you could push your mower around and charge $30 to $50 or step up to the plate , start off easy and work your way into it

Cheers and good luck.

administrator
17-04-2010, 03:02 PM
How to become a Treelopper .

Wow does that open up a can of worms .

63impala
17-04-2010, 04:14 PM
By a chainsaw and the longest ladder on the market some rop to tie the ladder to the tree...Billys Profenal tree service with 10 years experice...lol lol lol that how easy it is it seems alot of NZ here on the coat are tree fellas...and Iam sure they all did a course yah right...

administrator
27-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Impala you hit the nail on the head anybody can do it .And the only person that can stop you is the customer (TREE WORK )by asking for Work health and safety plan and insurance certificate and i suggest if your a customer call the insurance company to make sure its valid anybody can print a certificate CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK .it does go on .Customers beware .

PaulG
27-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Workplace Health and Safety inspectors can definitely stop (and fine) you. There's been quite a bit of it around here lately.

Fred's mowing
27-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Workplace Health and Safety inspectors can definitely stop (and fine) you. There's been quite a bit of it around here lately.

Under what law?
Cheers Fred.

SunM
27-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Under what law?
Cheers Fred.

When you go through Cert 3 or 5 Arboriculture and the OHS module, there is a ship load of ways you can be fined. Easiest ways are plant that's not up to scratch, EWPs passed their major inspection date, using EWPs without a ticket, cutting near powerlines/service wires without permission from the power company, things like modified chippers and stump grinders that change the way it operates, etc.

Fred's mowing
27-03-2013, 08:51 PM
When you go through Cert 3 or 5 Arboriculture and the OHS module, there is a ship load of ways you can be fined. Easiest ways are plant that's not up to scratch, EWPs passed their major inspection date, using EWPs without a ticket, cutting near powerlines/service wires without permission from the power company, things like modified chippers and stump grinders that change the way it operates, etc.

Yes, but if everything is in order, do u require a license?
Cheers Fred.

PaulG
27-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Under what law?
Cheers Fred.

I don't know under what law but there's guys getting done here for not wearing correct safety gear, not being tied-in properly while up trees, ground crew not wearing any safety gear at all, even not having correct signage & pedestrian safety guides out while parked on roads and footpaths.

I've been speaking with Qld OH&S/WHS directly, trying to find out more information on various things and they were telling me about it.

ian
28-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Yes, but if everything is in order, do u require a license?
Cheers Fred.
yes or employ someone with one or work only close to home otherwise it's probably a long walk carrying branches :laughing:

ian
28-03-2013, 07:02 AM
http://www.ohsrep.org.au/your-industry/rural/working-from-heights-what-are-the-regulations/index.cfm
http://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/forms-and-publications/forms-and-publications/prevention-of-falls-in-general-construction-compliance-code