PDA

View Full Version : Honda 19" front axle wear!

kakegc
25-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I guess that most of us know that Honda engines last much longer than Honda Chassis', so here's a tip to make your chassis last a bit longer: I'm sure that most of you will already know this, but for those who don't the easy way to fix the play that you get in the front axle/chassis where the front wheels connect on a well used mower is to simply cut a piece of garden hose the same length as the axle bush, slice it down one side with your pruners & slip it on the axle before you put the bush on. Once the bush is on top of the hose, & you've tightened the screws back up it's like new! ;) :) Just repeat the process every time the hose wears & the axle starts to flop about again. You should get a few more years out of the body! ;)

Islandhead
25-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Nice one Kakegc. It's tips like those that make this site so damn good! :russ:

watlebird mowing
24-11-2011, 06:41 PM
does anyone know if Dean sells the bushes, I couldn't find them but then that don't mean much, lol!

administrator
25-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Hi YES HE DOES .
But i use garden hose or i u bolt them into place lol .

MowerRob
25-11-2011, 07:02 AM
i just cut a length of poly riser to length of the axle slice it down the guts slip it over the axle and have no problems. I dont put the bushes back the poly riser replaces them

63impala
25-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Clean the berrings with a tootbrush that what the named for clening the crime out sand etc:cool:

watlebird mowing
25-11-2011, 07:45 AM
thanks guys, I'll whip some up then!