PDA

View Full Version : Husvarna/cub cadet or JD ride ons

PeteG
03-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi people can anyone advise me on the above ride on's what do people think of the command kohla engines/or are the kawasaki's the best..I can't afford acommercial machine yet but would like some advise....thanks guys this is a great furum :wave-hi:

Shepparton Lawn Care
05-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi PeteG,
Can't comment on those particular brands of rideons, but when i purchased my SCAG (fitted with a 19 Horse Kawasaki), i took along a mate who is a small engines mechanic with over 15 years experience working on all rideons said that the Kawasaki in is opinion was the best overall,based on performance,reliability, and availability of replacement parts.
All you can do is do heaps of research on all those machines,taking into account what you can afford, availability of spares, back up service offered by the dealer (i dont know of many contractors that have a back up rideon or ztr!!) and if you can, talk to the people that work on them-not just the bloke who is selling them!

Wggc
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
hey peter ,
i have a john deere rideon with 42 inch cut that has a briggs 17 hp no probs so far but it hasnt done loads of work but so far has not let me down in any way !! i used to operate a jd 1145 outfront mower & it was very reliable & parts were easy to get a hold of :) jd's come also with a kawasaki engines & from a few pll ive spoke to with them speak highly of their units !! my bonnet is a bit flimsy but ive noticed the newer models have a better bonnet !!! cheers

PeteG
07-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks fellow's does anyone know much about cub cadets 42-48 deck's...... :wave-hi:

Wggc
07-08-2007, 09:58 PM
not much peter though a mate of mine has one on his farm with the hydrostatic gears n reckons it's the duck's guts !!! :laughing: ive noticed a few contractors about with them around my area so i dont think they'd bad thing to own :)