PDA

View Full Version : how to get in the strata n poperty maintince

waterfront landscapes
08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
hi every one, I'm new to this. so spear with me.. just wondering how do you get real estate and strata contract, and if there a good cash flow. and if there are negative and positive for working with the real estates. any comment would be a help cheers.

Luke :aus-flag:

NWGL
08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Luke,

Welcome to the forum :wave-hi:

There's a post about this called body corp/ strata that should give you a bit of info. It was started on 21/5/07 & is under business chat.

I mainly do body corp work, but am also starting to pick up some real estate work too.

Body corp pays promptly - so far real estate doesn't !!

You'll find there is a dominant strata co. in the area who seems to manage a lot of properties, and a number of small players who manage the rest.

Best thing to do is speak to other contractors - ask them who they are doing the work for, how much work is around etc etc.

You'll find it hard to get on the books of a strata co. unless you know people who work for them already.

Where abouts in Sydney are you ?

waterfront landscapes
08-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Drummoyne, but Im happy to start any were in syd.

NWGL
08-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Another way to get into strata work is to sub-contract.

I have 2 subbies working for me - they do various jobs of mine, but use their own equipment & have their own public liability insurance etc.

My jobs get done, they get experience & exposure, and if they do the right thing by me, I'll happily recommend them to strata companies I work for.

What experience / tools & equipment do you have ?

waterfront landscapes
08-08-2007, 08:26 PM
iv think i got every thing, ute, mower 4stoke, whippie, pole heger, blower, chain saw, light pruning gear, even got tools to do small landscaping jobs which i have done a few in the past. but i can only work on the week ends cos im still doin my old job. which is landscaping... im not fully working for myself... if you get me

NWGL
10-08-2007, 09:35 PM
I've sent you a PM.