PDA

View Full Version : Dead Customer

peterj
27-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Can anyone help me with this. Last week mowed for a regular customer. The next day his neighbour rang and said that the guy had died a week ago.

How can we get paid for this job. Can we hope that if we invoice him at his address that a relative etc. will pass it on to the relative persons, e.g. his estate.

Peter

ian
27-08-2007, 07:02 PM
try sending an invoice to the address it should by rights be passed onto the executor who should then pay you from the estate

Wggc
27-08-2007, 10:14 PM
maybe a good idea is to pass on a card to the customer's family etc with your symphathy with your invoice inside & maybe you phone number to help the executor sort the matter out !!!! cheers

Wggc
27-08-2007, 10:19 PM
btw at the time my mother passed on , she was using a jim's fella to mow her lawns as i was too busy over the warmer mths cutting grass on a tractor etc , he was very sypathetic & offerd to keep mowing till wee got sorted out here , which worked out well for us as we had enough on our plate sorting out stuff as well as the stress of losing a loved one !!! you mite find you still have more work to do !!!
cheers