PDA

View Full Version : Bartercard

activegrip
19-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just meet with the local Bartercard rep, and he's very keen to sign me up.

Is anyone using or have used this system?

Thoughts? Comments?

Cheers :wave-hi:

administrator
19-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Me personally would leave it alone :i dunno:

Lancat
20-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Well said Admin.

My understanding is Bartercard has quite a few admin fees

activegrip
20-09-2007, 07:55 AM
$1000 sign up fee(which gives you $5000 credit)

$35 a month admin fee

6.5% on every sale you make

6.5% for everything you buy through the scheme

:sad:

bb1
20-09-2007, 12:06 PM
That sounds worse than the fees the guy with a beard and hat charges

Ability
20-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Sounds like there is only one winner in a deal like that! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lethal
29-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I just got out of bartercard, don't be an idiot like i was and join them, their fees are rediculous, it costs you money to do work for people, it costs you money to get work done by someone or to buy something.

if you want to get out it costs you cash to get out. meaning if you have spend the T$5,000.00 credit that they give you when you first start and decide you want out, then instead of it costing you trade dollars to get out it costs you real dollars.

there are so many catches with them, i could go on for days about them. Bartercard are the only winners.

your monthly fees are all cash.

pm me if you want more info.

grillonz
06-11-2007, 03:24 PM
I have just terminated my membership with bartercard in NZ. Again the only ones benefiting are bartercard. They promise the earth before sign up & then do not deliver. The individual managing my account who was supposed to market me did not even understand what ride-on mowing meant. :confused:

Happy mowing
James

AYM
14-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I see. Wish I had joined this forum before I joined bartercard.
Oh well, live and learn. I suppose I'll try to stick it out a bit longer to see if it can work, but not quite as hopeful now.

glassngrass
14-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Bartercard money can be easy to earn, but hard to spend.
You need find and deal with suppliers who will accept your Barter-dollars.

Bookkeeping-wise - it's a dog's breakfast to record this.

I, too, would give them a wide birth.

AYM
14-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Bartercard money can be easy to earn, but hard to spend.
You need find and deal with suppliers who will accept your Barter-dollars.

Bookkeeping-wise - it's a dog's breakfast to record this.

I, too, would give them a wide birth.

I'm having the opposite problem. Spending is incredibly easy, as I have a wife, but the earning is not going so well for me.

On that note, how would you like to do my incomprehensible tax stuff for me this year? More to the point, what could possibly go wrong, and how much could it possibly cost?

happymowin
14-07-2011, 02:48 PM
seems to me its a take. i looked into it ages ago, and even "without GST" it wouldnt seem worth it.

Swap your labour for good old fashioned MONEY. CASH. DOLLARS.

let others do the same, then SWAP the MONEY around.

been done for centuries mate. easy.

mgammon
08-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Hmm just signed up, will give it a go for 12 months and see what happens, I can see there are a few traps like spending the 5K credit, also spending the the credits on non business goods and services. Recon the people wanting services would be looking to get rid of credits so wont quivel over paying top dollar.