PDA

View Full Version : greenfield issue

panthergreen
23-09-2007, 08:35 PM
We got a new greenfield rideon with a honda motor a little while ago, so far done about 22 hours. The problem I'm having with it is that after about 1/2 an hour of use it seems to get stuck in forward (you can hear a change in engine note as well as if its working harder). When I try to stop or go in reverse when this happens the ?$*%*% thing refuses, with a nasty squeeling sound and smell of burnt drive belt...

I then usually have to really stamp down hard on the heel/toe pedal to get it to stop, then go in reverse a few times to get it back to 'normal'...then repeat the process for the rest of the day.

Took it back to the dealer but of course they reckon there's nothing wrong with it even though I explained what was happening. Any ideas of what its doing so I can take it back again?

Not happy as I looked around at just about every rideon out there before going with Australian made :(

Wggc
24-09-2007, 09:21 PM
have you lifted the rideon up 2 see what the belts are doing ???? mite be somethin simple as a stick or a bent belt guide :) cheers

administrator
25-09-2007, 12:39 AM
TAKE IT BACK AND SHOW THEM WHATS GOING ON AND TELL THEM TO BLOODY FIX IT ;dealers;

administrator
25-09-2007, 11:18 AM
I HAVE JUST GOT OF THE PHONE WITH

Trevor Jones at Greenfield very helpful chap did point out theres only a three month warranty for contractors

But also said like i did take it back to the dealer and if u have any problems that you can call Trevor Jones to sort out any difficult complaints .

Sometimes it could be a new dealer etc or inexperienced staff :)

As Trevor said theres something wrong with it by the discription of the complaint

Its an Australian Product it has back up service in the Country

http://www.greenfield.com.au

panthergreen
01-10-2007, 08:18 PM
thanks all, will be taking it to the dealer again, new owners so maybe a different result!

heggie
17-10-2007, 08:24 AM
thanks all, will be taking it to the dealer again, new owners so maybe a different result!

hi panthergreen ,
how did it go with the dealer ? any luck