PDA

View Full Version : Rose Pruning

screwdriverphillips
23-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Hello all,
Im just starting out in mighty Docker Land and would like to know what you we should be charging for rose pruning for pruning, spraying and the removal of prunings.Also Rubbish Removal any input would be great and any mighty Western Australians out there I wouldnt mine a chat.
Regards Screwdriverphillips
Ezy Mowing :i dunno: undefined

craig
30-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Hi screwdriver ,
I'm up in Brisbane so all I can do is give you a few ideas I've used up here in the subtropics. I have only recently gone into business myself,previously working in large parks and gardens and a bowls club so I understand how difficult Quoting can be on some jobs.
Well up here it pays to prune a little higher [approx womens hip height] although cutting lower doesn't seem to adversly affect their growth it actually shortens their life.It is also advisable to hold of pruning until september as this avoids the first aphid attack & seems to lessen their numbers on subsequent infestations. I also have noticed less fungal disease[black spot etc] when late pruning techniques are used.I think this is because the plant isn't weakened by insect attack.To do with charging -that depends how many,regular customer,type.If they are just bushes[hybrid-t's]I charge 1dollar a rose as they take under a minute to do.But you have to consider how many they have,is this an addon to a regular service & I can tell you if they are standards with grafted weeping roses, climbers or rammbling roses I charge appropriatly.

Goodluck Craig

screwdriverphillips
03-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi screwdriver ,
I'm up in Brisbane so all I can do is give you a few ideas I've used up here in the subtropics. I have only recently gone into business myself,previously working in large parks and gardens and a bowls club so I understand how difficult Quoting can be on some jobs.
Well up here it pays to prune a little higher [approx womens hip height] although cutting lower doesn't seem to adversly affect their growth it actually shortens their life.It is also advisable to hold of pruning until september as this avoids the first aphid attack & seems to lessen their numbers on subsequent infestations. I also have noticed less fungal disease[black spot etc] when late pruning techniques are used.I think this is because the plant isn't weakened by insect attack.To do with charging -that depends how many,regular customer,type.If they are just bushes[hybrid-t's]I charge 1dollar a rose as they take under a minute to do.But you have to consider how many they have,is this an addon to a regular service & I can tell you if they are standards with grafted weeping roses, climbers or rammbling roses I charge appropriatly.

Goodluck Craig
Thanks Craig for the reply some good advice .Also how quickly have you been able to grow your business. Regards Screwdriverphillips
Ezy Mowing
Melros,Mandurah WA :Rain:

lawn order
14-04-2016, 09:43 PM
try a stump grinder for a light prune,

lawn order
14-04-2016, 09:54 PM
ps, are you related to the infamous Star Head Phillips, Son of Richard Head and Lady Given Mehead Phillips and daughter Kissmet Pon Lips Phillips?