PDA

View Full Version : My German Sheppards.

Tonyr
23-06-2004, 08:52 PM
My German Sheppards.
The pup was my 1st Sheppard, she was fully trained guard dog.

The dog is Bart, the old guy is still with us.

Tonyr
23-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Next pic, 1st time scans here and with lots of resizing, images are not so good...I'm learning :)

This going from a scaned photo to pc to internet is crap. 40 mins stuffing around trying to get images small enough is a pain, damn thing won't let me import into my cameras resizing software which measures KB, oh no, this is just trial and error, what fun.

Thought this scanning thing would let me show you pics of our strawberry crops, tractors etc, I won't live long enough to get em posted LOL!

I'll keep trying for a few more mins but I need sleep some time.

The thing is trying to upload the image 4 x 6'', a picture of a dog, but forum says it is too big still, wallet size photo good enough?

Why is the KB so restricted Ebony?

Or is it that scanned stuff is like this generally?

I give up!

Gotta see if I can email them into another resizer or something...

Tonyr
23-06-2004, 10:29 PM

Easycareacres
24-06-2004, 05:10 PM
now thats what I call a dog love shepards had one long time ago now a lap dog lol.

Ebony
25-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Real nice pictures. Can't say I am the biggest fan of German shepherds but nice dogs you have there.

Who's the guy in the pic ;)

Here's a pic of Ausled Swedish Vallhund Puppies hehe, aren't they soooo sweet

Tonyr
25-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi Eb,

I looked at your mums pups on her web site the other day, nice litle dog!

That ***y bloke in the pic was me 12 years ago (I think), before I got old and fat, was about 26...working for laminex industries then and setting up the farm.

odin
27-06-2004, 04:39 AM
beautiful dog tony ......sometimes read about the scoutdogs of the us army ..vast majority were german shepards ...got to give those germans their due ...they bred the rottie ...boxer ...sheapard ...dobermann..

Tonyr
27-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks Jack.

When I was a kid we had another german bred dog, "a german short haired pointer", silly bloody thing, but a great mate.

Shepperds are my choice of dog, they are great in every way providing they are Fully trained, I'm into the guard dog thing, you want a dog that can protect, but not be uncontrolled, family orientated, loyal, bright.

Love rotties too, but I like the agility of a sheppard, but a nice rottie is hard to beat, likewise, I believe any of these types of dogs should be fully trained.

Dobs,...no, they seen too silly, tend to be bitey, nice dog but not for me. seen more stupid ones than mature ones.

Boxers, love them drool monsters! good dogs!

A dog that is active but still loyal and protectivs is Kelpie, black and red, terrific dogs!

Ebony
30-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I don't know what it is about German Shepherd I just could never bring myself to want to own one. They are fine dogs, just not my cup of tea :) Really I am not sure why, must have been the brain washing by the rottweilers I got when I was young. hehe

Ebony

Tonyr
30-06-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm the same with Rotties, like them, just not the dog for me at this stage in my old tired life. lol.

They are both great breeds, and their owners have such a strong influence over them, like children really, which is why I don't like untrained dogs in any breed, especially big breeds like these, bad owners, bad dogs, bad reputation for all...