PDA

View Full Version : Honda air filters

Ian1
05-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone !
We are are getting into the dusty season again and I would suggest those with Honda 196/216 models look at fitting the metal shim(sealing plate) under the air filter to provide a tighter fit. This will stop unwanted dust getting into the engine from under the filter. Honda part no: L1287-gxv-160 and is around the $6 mark

cadase
05-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone !
We are are getting into the dusty season again and I would suggest those with Honda 196/216 models look at fitting the metal shim(sealing plate) under the air filter to provide a tighter fit. This will stop unwanted dust getting into the engine from under the filter. Honda part no: L1287-gxv-160 and is around the $6 mark

I've had one installed, on my 216 yeah seems to give a much better seal,engines purring,chasis is as thin as aluminium foil though, blowing holes,too much mulching sand i think,(sand blasted) :i dunno:

m287j
05-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, i will definitely look into that.

Dean do you sell them ? :wave-hi:

chaplain
07-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Matt Dean sells all Honda Parts through Indy mowing WWW.INDMOWING.COM.AU

administrator
07-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks Guys yes we do sell all Honda parts good time for a commercial

Honda starts first time everytime :russ:

Trust Honda Mowers sure can ;)

Use a Honda we"ll save you :confused:

Crazy Hondas we have just started our own network :)

Honda Honda Honda oi oi oi :Rain:

Dont forget to shop at the indy shop you all come back now ye hear

Bill Hey Ben
Ben Yes Bill
Bill Youre a flower pot
Ben No way
Ben Hey Bill
Bill Yes Ben
Ben Youre a flower pot
Bill no way

Bill and ben ahh man thats weed

Hugh Jarss
07-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Does the shim also fit the 197 ?

chaplain
08-11-2007, 08:16 PM
May i be so bold why isnt the shim allready on the unit if its a Honda part number must be attached to the unit some where and if it isnt why do Honda allow the dust to get under the filter if they have the cure :i dunno:

heggie
21-11-2007, 07:52 AM
just fit a snorkel as you get the shim in the kit and the engine isnt restricted by blocking off air flow, engine needs air for performance. air restriction also leads to higher fuel consumption.good air filtration is the key to long engine life. plus having the filter higher up no dust anyway (not much if any) my view anyway ;)
cheers heggie

worzel
21-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah I agree Heggie
Snorkels are the way to go and keeping the air clean does improve life of mower :) :)