PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Quandry

tomartomau
11-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I have in the past had a small lawn mowing business, however I have been at University half of this year and again half of the next year in study.

I have always had reasonable equipment, Honda Lawnmowers etc, but I am stuck on a trimmer purchase!

I have read the other posts on trimmers but I feel that my dilemma is slightly different.

I will do lawns in holiday periods like now until February and possibly in the semester breaks next year, this may include in all probability 7-10 lawns in a fortnight cycle.

I like the 'Shindaiwa' and 'Tanuka' 2 stroke trimmers but in the periods of not using them I am somewhat concerned that they may degrade and become temperamental due to lack of use.

On the other hand I like the Honda four stroke for their ability to be used somewhat less regularly, (based on the HRU196) which starts without fault. The only problem that I have with the Honda is the weight.

I would appreciate your advice on what you would feel wold be a fair choice given my circumstances.

I do regularly do 4 lawns per fortnight even when studying for family and friends, so the equipment does get some use, it is just that in holidays I will try to increase this to a total of about 11-15.

Many thanks in advance

Tony

administrator
11-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Tony just put conditioner in the fuel such as opti 2 or opti mizer and you will have no problems at all with the tanaka or shindy becoming tempermental or unreliable through lack of use :wave-hi:

lethal
12-11-2007, 12:09 AM
hey admin where do you buy opti-2/4 from?

kakegc
12-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Tony just put conditioner in the fuel such as opti 2 or opti mizer and you will have no problems at all with the tanaka or shindy becoming tempermental or unreliable through lack of use :wave-hi:

And just start the snipper up regularly & let it run for a while. Most importantly; keep it out of the heat when you're storing it if you can ;)

administrator
12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
hey admin where do you buy opti-2/4 from?

COMMERCIAL

http://www.indmowing.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=343

tomartomau
12-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks so much for your assistance, I will purchase some in the next week or so through the shop.
Kind Regards Tony

Bgs
12-11-2007, 10:04 PM
COMMERCIAL

http://www.indmowing.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=343

Just put my order in great price thanks Admin :russ: