PDA

View Full Version : New enterprise Incentive scheme

administrator
20-11-2007, 11:03 AM
If you’re thinking about starting a small business and using your savings, retrenchment payout, or borrowing money, there are a few things you should think about.

To help you manage the risks of starting your small business

Independent lawnmowing contractors of australia has developed a system of tools for people to test their business suitability and readiness for the lawnmowing Industry

If you are currently or about to start the NEIS programme ,these tools will fastrak you and assist you no end

Becoming a member is easy with a lifetime membership payment of $145.00

Independent Lawn Mowing Contractors of Australia Join The Independents (http://www.indmowing.com.au/html/aboutus_insurance_ofj.htm)

One off lifetime low joining fee of $145.00, with no annual fees.

All associations have yearly fees, we d'ont. We are the first Australia wide Lawn Mowing Contractors Association, the first to introduce:
-NO YEARLY FEES- the first to have no increases in Insurance Premiums for the past 10 years

Lets just quickly run over what your membership will entitle you to. For more details please browse our site.Please don't hesitate to contact Dean on Free Call 1800 501 662 if you have any questions or email:

info@indmowing.com.au

Training (Manual)

Full Consultation and Support

Member Discounts (Including Insurance & Spare parts)

Back Up System/Sick Work where available

We Accept: (Visa, Mastercard & Bankcard) Please Phone 1800 501 662 to Make payment or call to have a friendly chat

ian
15-12-2007, 06:17 PM
i must say i think it's worth joining

geejay
03-08-2008, 07:55 PM
carpe de hiem indi,it is the way to go.......

we have started gardenening businesses from scratch in three different countries.joining indi,having a great mentour,studying and applying fast track to success to the book,participating in the forum etc,has blitz our buz ahead.estiblishing a gardening buz from can take up to two years.we will have our target of regulars finished in another two months,9 months(including winter).one can not go wrong,viva indi............

jez_za
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Well Ive just started the NEIS course today and my independent mowing kit should be arriving soon hopefully :)
All going well in 8 weeks I should be back in the game.. this time as my own boss ;)

administrator
23-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Hows it going you should be back in the game with the time line ;)

chaplain
01-04-2009, 08:40 AM
A friend of mine did this course she said it was a bit long winded but has helped her alot .

jez_za
02-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Sorry I never replied to this.. I could never find the thread until now :p

I'm all finished and have been out doing what I love since the 19th of Feb.

I sort of agree with chaplain in the course being a bit long winded however I had a good teacher who believed it was better to skim over alot of the "crap" and get us out there and learn the other stuff more hands on over the next 2 years whilst he is mentoring us.

I would say the course is absolutely worth it even if just for the $500 a fortnight I now receive. The bonus is its not affected by how much myself or my missus earn, I made $1500 last fortnight and still got my $500 NEIS payment :)

My only regret is that I didn't have the balls to do it sooner!
I've gone from 4 yrs doing this for someone else with a sulky, pissed off underpaid look on my face.
To now looking like one of those competition aerobics people.. doing something hard with a huge grin on my face.

administrator
07-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Sensational to hear Jez_za .

Great to see someone happy once again and loving what you do . :ebony:

ian
04-08-2009, 12:59 AM
hey jezz are you still enjoying it

courty
20-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Just thought I'd bring this one back up.
I've just been accepted into NEIS so it's all systems go for me. For anyone interested in the scheme but not keen on the class room time make sure you talk to a few different providers in your area as it is available as a home based course (which is what I'm doing)so you can get through it at your pace not the 8 weeks it takes in the classroom.
One tip,make sure you get a copy of Dean's book as it really does help with the venture summary you need to complete to be accepted.
I'll keep this thread updated with any relevant info as I go along.

cheers

Niffty
20-04-2010, 11:34 PM
First post. Hello Independent Lawn Mowing Contractors of Australia
:wave-hi: I'm looking in to NEIS as a possible start up option, so really interested and appreciate this thread to see how it's going for you Courty.

Cheers.

Andy B
21-04-2010, 09:42 AM
First post. Hello Independent Lawn Mowing Contractors of Australia
:wave-hi: I'm looking in to NEIS as a possible start up option, so really interested and appreciate this thread to see how it's going for you Courty.

Cheers.

Hi Niffty, Welcome!

PaulG
21-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Is the NEIS a Federal Government scheme? Can you start it after having already started your business (albeit only small scale and part-time for me at the moment)?

courty
21-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Paul
You have to be registered with centrelink and the business has to be a start up, not existing.

cheers
Glenn

PaulG
21-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I was registered with Centrelink but because of my partners 3 days work per week as a primary-school teacher (coming back from maternity leave) and us 'owning' a block of land we are trying to pay off, Centrelink deemed us to be too well off for me to be able to get any assistance :i dunno: . I need to ring them and find out as I've only recently started this business, I have an ABN, but my business name isn't registered yet and I may even and up having to change it yet.
It would be very helpful to me at the moment if I could get the NEIS (http://www.indmowing.com.au/html/aboutus_insurance_ofj.htm) as I'm doing it pretty tough (near broke at the moment).

courty
31-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Update time
Finished the business plan last week and got the call today to say it was excepted:)woohoo full steam ahead now.
All up took me about 4 weeks to complete. Now there is a bit of stuff in it that won't be relevant to our businesses but on whole I found it pretty good. Self paced at home is the way to go,I couldn't imagine sitting in a classroom doing it.

cheers

administrator
09-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Who can participate in NEIS
To participate in NEIS you must be registered with a Job Services Australia or Disability Employment Services provider. Your provider can tell you if you are eligible. You also must:

be at least 18 years old when you begin receiving NEIS Assistance
be available to participate in NEIS training and work full-time in your proposed NEIS business*
not be an undischarged bankrupt
not have received NEIS Assistance for a similar business activity, and
not have received NEIS Assistance in the previous two years.
* or fewer hours for those with an assessed partial capacity to work, reduced work participation requirements or who volunteer for employment services.Your NEIS business must be:

not currently operating on a commercial basis
independent, capable of withstanding public scrutiny, and lawful
assessed as commercially viable by a NEIS provider
not based on the purchase or takeover of an existing business
not competing directly with existing businesses, unless it can be demonstrated that there is an unsatisfied demand for the product or service, or the product or service is to be provided in a new way, and
established, located and operated solely within Australia.
How to become involved
To apply to participate in NEIS, you should contact your local Job Services Australia or Disability Employment Services provider to discuss whether NEIS is an appropriate activity for you. If NEIS is an appropriate activity for you, your provider will help you to choose a NEIS provider in your area, and will refer you to your NEIS provider to have your eligibility checked.

Find your local Job Services Australia provider

Find your local Disability Employment Services provider

More information
For more information on NEIS you can contact your local Job Services Australia or Disability Employment Services provider.

The NEIS factsheet is also available on the Resources page.
Connect with us
FacebookConnect with New Enterprise Incentive Scheme on FacebookTwitterConnect with New Enterprise Incentive Scheme on Twitter

fairdinkum
09-03-2013, 12:53 PM
"not competing directly with existing businesses". That counts out lawnmowing...though there is, at times, an unsatisfied demand in some areas.

ian
09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
at least 10 people advertising in one of our local papersin my opinion that should prove an unsatisfied demand

fairdinkum
09-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Or 10 people wasting their money on advertising :)

ian
09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Or 10 people wasting their money on advertising :)
with the weather we've had this is probably more likely but they don't know this so you push the point that there is an obvious unmet demand and then the guberment will give you money

administrator
16-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Job seekers who are interested in running a new small business may be eligible to participate in the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS), delivered as part of jobactive