PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Has Many Forms

Sheedys Mowing
22-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Do the contractors on this forum leave a stack of there business cards at places such as fish & chip shops, lawn mowing repairs/sales shops, equipment hire shops, service stations etc. And do you think it's better to target high foot traffic stores of a diverse range of potential clients, or to try and target sterotype clients (older people) and more lawn mowing related shops, if so what has the response been like.

twin_cities_lawncare
22-11-2007, 11:11 PM
That sounds like a great idea, and I'm guessing it would work better in some places than others - small towns likely to be better I reckon, in terms of networking options. Lateral thinking and looking for opportunites everywhere is the way to go when you're starting out.

We produce our own business cards on the computer still, and mass produce them every so often with updated info/format. I've also taken to laminating them, even tho it costs a bit more - it looks professional and makes sure they don't get ripped up. ;)

We have a few of our business cards at a landscaping place where we buy our mulch, but the best response is from our substantial ad in the local directory (like Yellow Pages) and word of mouth.

Shepparton Lawn Care
23-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Hi Lifestyle,
When I started out, I worked on the theory of doing the best job I could possibly do at a new address-whether it be a one off or the start of a regular client. Then I placed a flyer /business card in every letterbox in the street,knowing that I had produced good work and hopefully I had been seen doing that work, or people could ask the owner of the place who did their work. Having more than one property in the same street cuts down on travel time between jobs,thus creating more profit $$$$$$$ $$$ :laughing: :laughing:

Sandgroper
23-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi Lifestyle,
When I started out, I worked on the theory of doing the best job I could possibly do at a new address-whether it be a one off or the start of a regular client. Then I placed a flyer /business card in every letterbox in the street,knowing that I had produced good work and hopefully I had been seen doing that work, or people could ask the owner of the place who did their work. Having more than one property in the same street cuts down on travel time between jobs,thus creating more profit $$$$$$$ $$$ :laughing: :laughing:

This is a great way to compact your round,,,,,,,,,,,but most people could be at work or out when your mowing so they would not have a clue where and when you mowed, if your targeting the streets you are currently working in your flyers are worded differently,,,,,

Up the top of the flyer will say hello i have just serviced number (blank space) write number in, if you would like a quote please call,,,etc this will give the people time to view your work anddecide if you do a good job.

I put my flyers where the best lawns are not just any where theres a letter box. :)

Sheedys Mowing
23-11-2007, 09:51 AM
some good tips there, simon and sandgroper it comes back to getting your client to tell their neighbour and if they get their neighbour to sign up they get a slight discount, hopefully it creates a chain reaction and the whole street agrees and all you have to do is walk down the street mowing the whole way and pocket the money on the walk back. lol ;)