PDA

View Full Version : What Ticks Me off

administrator
23-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Read the meessage from bottom up

Why do people say its misleading or your a dickhead when you say the word no lol

Now if you understand you can buy at the list price not the members price im sure i would go to my local dealer in Penrith and buy it there and save on the delivery charge

Read the meessage from bottom up

Rob
why ask for a delivery price when you can purchase one at your local dealer and purchase less than the list price

The listed price is to show the members the retail price from Honda so when they recieve the members price they know what sort of a discount they recieved for being a member

Bit Strange but it works lol

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: shipping cost

No I am not - so why do you have a listed price and then a separate section for a member's price - very misleading....

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: shipping cost

H i Rob
we only sell to members are u a member Rob
please email Membership number if so
Cheers Dean

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 10:27 AM
Subject: Fw: shipping cost

I should add that I would like it fitted wit the alloy head rather than the tap and go. A packet of the line would also be required

thanks

Rob

Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 10:25 AM
Subject: shipping cost

Hi Dean

I am interested in purchasing a HONDA UMK425 LNU BRUSHCUTTER and was wondering the total cost (including shipping / insurance/ etc) to send it to Penrith NSW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

administrator
26-11-2007, 08:50 PM
People that register to the forum and say nothing no contributions no squat but happy to suck the info out of the electronics lol

Hustler
26-11-2007, 09:14 PM
you hit the nail right on the head old boy thats why silence is golden . take them no where tell them nothing.
Regards Nev

administrator
26-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes i know Nev but i guess thats what makes us good is that the few will carry the many and in a funny way be proud of taking them with us on our journey :ebony:

But still ticks me off lol

twin_cities_lawncare
27-11-2007, 12:35 AM
A Club that I am a member of up here has a stock section where people can buy various products - we have a members price and non-members price, and non-members have to pay an extra 50c on everything to show there are advantages in membership ... so it sounds a similar scenario to the online store at Indy... it makes sense to me :russ:

administrator
27-11-2007, 08:52 AM
we dont talk 50 c we talk good dollar discount for being members Atom edger 35cc honda Members price 639.00.00 depending where you are in the country could save u up to 120.00

Save up to 19.00 for a pair of atom blades Indy price 11.00

Members of Indy get great price discounts on there stock

Thats the reason we dont sell to non members there is no great profit and its not worth raising the paperwork for the sale for a non member

Now if any body wants to buy the same Atom at say 650.00 no problem will sell it lol
But why would any one do that when they might be able to buy in there local store

Ok Lets try it we will sell a Honda atom edger 35cc to any non member of Indy for say 650.00 any takers ok lets okokokok lets make it 640.00 okokok and delivery half price

administrator
27-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Twins whats the Club give it a plug

twin_cities_lawncare
27-11-2007, 09:07 AM
The bottom line is the same in both cases (even if the savings size is much, much better with the Indy store ;) ) ,
getting the message across that there are advantages in membership and that's the goal in both cases I think... :)
whether people choose to take up that option is a different matter :i dunno: .

twin_cities_lawncare
27-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Admin, the Club I was referring to is the North Queensland Cavy Club Inc...a Club designed for owners of little lawnmowers ;)
Check it out @ www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2606.

cadase
27-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Customers that send their kids outside to watch you mow the lawn.
I was snippering last week, saw something in the corner of my eye, a 3-4 year old with a toy lawnmower standing next to me.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hugh Jarss
27-11-2007, 08:45 PM
we dont talk 50 c we talk good dollar discount for being members Atom edger 35cc honda Members price 575.00 depending where you are in the country could save u up to 120.00

Save up to 9.00 for a pair of atom blades Indy price 11.00

Members of Indy get great price discounts on there stock

Thats the reason we dont sell to non members there is no great profit and its not worth raising the paperwork for the sale for a non member

Now if any body wants to buy the same Atom at say 650.00 no problem will sell it lol
But why would any one do that when they might be able to buy in there local store

Ok Lets try it we will sell a Honda atom edger 35cc to any non member of Indy for say 650.00 any takers ok lets okokokok lets make it 640.00 okokok and delivery half price

Naturally you have the right to take care of and run your business any way you choose, and I respect that. Something I don't understand though is why you don't sell AT ALL to nonmembers.... it just seems to me that if you were to split the difference between member's great price and normal retail price it would be worthwhile to you to sell extra stuff, also the extra stuff you're selling may increase your buying power leading to even better prices for your members and more profit to you.
However, this is your prerogative.
Final point being that it was YOU who started this thread, "what ticks me off", but it seems to me that the guy you were ticked off with probably had a valid reason for being ticked off himself, that is that your website was a little misleading :confused: in that it talked of member and nonmember pricing, and it seems when we read the website we WILL be able to purchase from you.... so we spend time on there deciding what we wish to purchase only to be told we're not eligible to make a purchase unless we are members.
Perhaps there should be a large banner on the opening page of the website warning it's members only so people don't waste their time when it could be better spent elsewhere.... like on the forum... or out delivering flyers so they can get more work so they can afford to join Indy..... :aus-flag:
I'm assuming that you didn't actually post what the prospective purchaser did say that ticked you off.... and that he was rude to you after you explained the situation.... so it seems to me you both had valid complaints....
Way to make myself unpopular with admin.... I love this forum, and I'm guessing this post won't be well received by admin or members, but it seems valid to me and needed to be said. :i dunno:

Shepparton Lawn Care
27-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree Cadase, I shudder when they come out. I stop ask mum and dad to take them inside as i relay how dangerous the situation can be with something flying out from the mower at a million miles an hour. On a lighter note, was the little bloke mowing faster than you? :laughing: :laughing: :p

cadase
27-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I agree Cadase, I shudder when they come out. I stop ask mum and dad to take them inside as i relay how dangerous the situation can be with something flying out from the mower at a million miles an hour. On a lighter note, was the little bloke mowing faster than you? :laughing: :laughing: :p

Yeah Simon he looked like he had more stamina than me, he won't last though, his mower was chinese :laughing:

mowjoman
27-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I guess I can see your point Hugh Jarss, each to their own I spose. I don't quite understand why someone wouldn't want to be a member and take full advantage of all the benifits but. For eg I got my Public Liability Insurance stuff in the mail today and dead set it was just a bees ball over half the price of the closest quote I had. Anyway I mean no disrespect I enjoy your posts and you obviousley contribute very constructively to this forum.....but I reckon the joining fee will soon come back to you. :i dunno:

chaplain
27-11-2007, 09:52 PM
WHAT TICKS ME OFF IS

People crying about the lawn mower shop prises on spare parts heres a tip dont shop there

Or keep shopping there and pay 10 bucks for a spark plug 10 bucks for a pair of blades 30 bucks for a filter and so on

But stop *****en

administrator
27-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Naturally you have the right to take care of and run your business any way you choose, and I respect that. Something I don't understand though is why you don't sell AT ALL to nonmembers.... it just seems to me that if you were to split the difference between member's great price and normal retail price it would be worthwhile to you to sell extra stuff, also the extra stuff you're selling may increase your buying power leading to even better prices for your members and more profit to you.
Final point being that it was YOU who started this thread, "what ticks me off", but it seems to me that the guy you were ticked off with probably had a valid reason for being ticked off himself, that is that your website was a little misleading :confused: in that it talked of member and nonmember pricing, and it seems when we read the website we WILL be able to purchase from you.... so we spend time on there deciding what we wish to purchase only to be told we're not eligible to make a purchase unless we are members.
Perhaps there should be a large banner on the opening page of the website warning it's members only so people don't waste their time when it could be better spent elsewhere.... like on the forum... or out delivering flyers so they can get more work so they can afford to join Indy..... :aus-flag:
I'm assuming that you didn't actually post what the prospective purchaser did say that ticked you off.... and that he was rude to you after you explained the situation.... so it seems to me you both had valid complaints....
Way to make myself unpopular with admin.... I love this forum, and I'm guessing this post won't be well received by admin or members, but it seems valid to me and needed to be said. :i dunno:

Hugh jarrs
No problems with your post at all
Send Indy a list of what you would like to purchase such as spare parts insurance etc and if they are able to supply those items they will give you a non members price.
.Lets see if it works

Email info@indmowing.com.au

Hugh Jarss
27-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I guess I can see your point Hugh Jarss, each to their own I spose. I don't quite understand why someone wouldn't want to be a member and take full advantage of all the benifits but. For eg I got my Public Liability Insurance stuff in the mail today and dead set it was just a bees ball over half the price of the closest quote I had. Anyway I mean no disrespect I enjoy your posts and you obviousley contribute very constructively to this forum.....but I reckon the joining fee will soon come back to you. :i dunno:

I'm right with you there mowjoman... becoming a member is high on my list of priorities, however, as I went into this with no other employment to back me up and bugger all money due to a serious bout of the influenza A virus that had me in hospital and unable to work for awhile, I haven't been able to confidently spend the measly 145 bucks to become a member.
I was only pointing out that the other guy may've been annoyed cos he wasted his time not realising he couldn't buy anything from the website...
Dean was AMAZINGLY helpful to me anyway, giving me a good hour of his time on the phone with some great advice to get me started, and I WILL have the 145 soon for membership, and the 350 odd for insurance, but so far all the "spare" dollars have been going on other setup costs like flyers and advertising and trailer and a new brushcutter and mower and blower and the clutch for the ute and..... you get the picture... it's a new business and my lovely exwife got the house and I got huge rent to pay.... but I sure did get the best of that deal.... I live alone now and she can't nag if I don't pick up the phone ;frosty; .... bliss :russ:

kakegc
28-11-2007, 07:32 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the original post too Hugh. :i dunno:

kakegc
28-11-2007, 07:42 PM

Hi Mowjoman,

When you are about to part with cash, one question that often comes to mind is; "what will I have after I spend my money that I don't have now?"

I'm sure that being a member is invaluable to new business owners. No doubt at all in my mind that I would have joined if the assn was around when I was starting up (I think that the assn is a great idea & I still may join :i dunno: ), but with all respect to Dean, lets be real here, NOBODY pays RRP for Honda mowers etc. I got a price for a Honda pushie from my local mower shop of $740 not so long back. thats a long way from the RRP! ;dealers; My Insurance is fairly competitive with whats on offer too.

just my 2 cents! :wave-hi:

mowjoman
28-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Now don't get me wrong guys, I'm not one of those old blokes who sits in the local RSL club and eyeballs every non member as they walk through the door. People choose to join or not to join all sorts of clubs every day and certainly the question of value for money comes to mind firstly most of the time and what people decide to spend their money on, the worth that individual will get from it and where that sits on their "what to spend money on" priority list will differ from person to person. Your dead right Kakegc being new to this industry ILCOA has been priceless to me for so many reasons, the biggest by far has been this forum...and for me that alone has been well worth the membership fee.

administrator
29-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Great to hear the views all valid good stuff

My son who loves West Coast Eagles football club has been a paid up members since they joined the AFL

The strangest thing i have seen him do is and as teenagers they do some strange things lol he became a paid up member of North Melbourne and naturally i said what goes on buddy dumping you mates hey
he said no dad North Melbourne are struggling West coast have plenty of members so i get the best of both worlds i can support a team thats in trouble and i get to see more games and i still get to see West coast .

chaplain
29-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Some blokes ill stand in a trench with and some blokes i wont.

Pritty easy to understand what i just said .

Hugh Jarss
29-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Great to hear the views all valid good stuff

My son who loves West Coast Eagles football club has been a paid up members since they joined the AFL

The strangest thing i have seen him do is and as teenagers they do some strange things lol he became a paid up member of North Melbourne and naturally i said what goes on buddy dumping you mates hey
he said no dad North Melbourne are struggling West coast have plenty of members so i get the best of both worlds i can support a team thats in trouble and i get to see more games and i still get to see West coast .

We might have to change the name of this thread to What Makes Me Proud.... actually not a bad idea for a new thread.... anyway, just wanted to say that your teenage son is a credit to you.... good on him... it's little things like that that make me proud to be Aussie :aus-flag:

kakegc
07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Some blokes ill stand in a trench with and some blokes i wont.

Pritty easy to understand what i just said .

What unit were you in when you were standing in that trench Chaplain, just curious?

from a ex member of "old faithful" :i dunno: :i dunno: :i dunno:

kakegc
07-12-2007, 09:22 PM
People who post questions on an open forum & then admonish someone who answers the original question THEY asked because they say that question had been asked before & done to death. Then when the errors of their ways are pointed out to them, they don't even have the good manners to apologise! :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean:

Islandhead
07-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Lol Easy dude...

Not sure which post you are talking about but whoever it is they ain't worth getting worked up over.

There are people out there who don't know how to say sorry...

There are people out there who don't realise by their actions that they offend and upset people...

There are even people who apologise too much ;)

In the words of Oasis...

'You gotta roll with it'

Peace out man :who-knows

Bgs
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Customers that send their kids outside to watch you mow the lawn.
I was snippering last week, saw something in the corner of my eye, a 3-4 year old with a toy lawnmower standing next to me.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I had this happen last week i was doing one side of the footpath got to the end swung around and there were two little kids standing in front of their mum

I switched the whippy off and said sorry I did not see you there , She said thats alright the kids just wanted to watch what you were doing
:i dunno: :i dunno: ;dealers;

mowjoman
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Blue metal Blue metal Blue metal Blue metal Blue metal Blue metal ;dealers; :dean: