PDA

View Full Version : Robin Blowers

mowjoman
19-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Has anyone out there had much to do with the Robin blowers??? I bought one today (fl-h2500) and I haven't decided if I like it yet. I had (have) a stihl bg85 and I've had nothing but dramas with it. Let me down for the last time today and had to leave a job un-blown so i went and bought this thing...and returned to finish my job of course. Any feedback would be great. :wave-hi:

kakegc
20-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi mowjoman, I don't know anything about the Robin blower mate, but if it's made by Subaru it should be an absolute ripper! Hope it works out well for you!

Just goes to show though; my BG85 with be 7 years old in Jan & the only things I've had to do with it are plugs, filters, a new choke assembly & the occasional zip starter cord. Have you tried tuning it using the carby jet screws?

mowjoman
20-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah I tried that Kakegc. Mind you but I'm not really confident in what I'm doing. me new Robin is made by Subaru and the more I'm using it the more I like it ay...4 stroke too so no uneasy looks at 07:30 lol... Am gonna try and keep the BG going, started today no worries, it's done some hous before I got to it, just tired I think....Cheers :aus-flag:

mongoose
21-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Mowjoman hows the the new blower going , so wot do you think of it now you have had it for bit .I have just reserrecteda old shingu masport snipper with a Robins 4 stroke engine , i haven't used it in about 5 years thought it was worn out but it just needed a carby kit in it . She seems to be going great now . I always liked Robin engines .

mowjoman
21-04-2008, 03:56 PM
G'Day Mongoose...Love the blower mate. A little on the heavy side but has heaps of power, quiet and the motor is fantastic. Has done quite a bit of work since I bought it but with regular oil change and air filter clean starts 1st time every time (touch wood) with very little exertion, am very happy with it :russ:

mowjoman
20-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Example of the power from my Robins Blower :p