PDA

View Full Version : Alex

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 06:11 PM
haa g'day stranger, hows the steve urwin trip ?

Ebony
02-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Great to see you made it back alive Alex hehe

Alex Callaghan
02-07-2004, 06:49 PM
The trip was a bloody pearla!

Ya just can't go wrong with a few big kitted out 4bys, red sand under ya tires, a $hit load of beer and 5 mates!

Had a bloody ball mate :russ:

I've been back for 2nahalf weeks now. My laptop packed it in on the trip! It was the Cape York stint that buggered it. Too much moisture and mud! I've been waiting for two weeks now to get it back from the shop. I spat the dummy monday and bought a brand newie.

My "mate" that was looking arfter my biz for me let me down in a big way though. He's a bloody slacker and the bugger did a $hit house job when he did do the work. Lost a few Residential accounts and the Council works providers pi$$ed. I'm sorting it though.

How arya mate?

Alex Callaghan
02-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey Eb,

Thanks for cluing me onto ya site mate! It's a beutie.

And I thought LS was the ducks nuts as far as Mowing sites went.

Great job ya done here mate !

I've got some good picys for yas when I get my ol puter back.

Hope your well Ebs! :who-knows

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey great to see ya again shagger!!

You got my LS PM the other day?

Anyway, had the link to here in it:)

Thought Eb would of invited ya though :cool:

Well, it certainly is great to have ya back!

Easycareacres
02-07-2004, 10:02 PM
love to see your pics from holliday alex, come give me help trying to stir tony tonight and running outa scotch.

Tonyr
02-07-2004, 10:18 PM
That's Ok, Alex is a smart bloke, he knows the mighty Toro dominates the poor little daggy scagy thingies that some N.Z mower guys use, LOL~

I'm now wandering...you Kiwis...do you see sheep when you look at ya daggy scags? (j/k)

My funnies are getting as bad as yours Russell, I'm off to bed!

BTW, Don't currupt Alex, he is a good young bloke, but he won't be if he mixes with the daggy scagy king though ! HA, HA, HA,HA!

odin
03-07-2004, 06:41 AM
hello alex .......the sensitive one from america is on here to :laughing: :laughing:

Tonyr
03-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Odin: Latin for "bull in a china shop:" ha, ha, ha

Alex Dundee...did ya end up buying a new Z this year mate?

Easycareacres
04-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Alex asp is making 61' blades now as other s where wrong as complained if need any they want orders.

Alex Callaghan
05-07-2004, 04:44 PM
G'day Tony!

Dunno bout the Toro mate. It's Kinda like a Nissan!

Scags.....O K. But Great Danes are the Yota's of the mower world. I should get a tow hitch on the GD with a Sticker above it that says......Attach bugged Toro's and Scags here!

My ol mans a Kiwi Tony. duno bout seeing sheep ya just gota keep a keen eye on ya Ug boots when Kiwi's are around..... Might end up with some wierd sticky stains on em....... baaaaaaa.

Didn't end up with a Hustler mate. Stayed true to GD and leased a 61'' 27Hp Charriot senior demo model for $19,000 with 40Hrs on it. Bit of a bargin really.

I just don't have a bit enough trailer to fit em both yet! Bit silly really but I'll get somthing bigger soonish.

Repayments are a bit scarey with my low work load at the moment but these things always work them selfs out as long as you make a commitment to push hard. I went to the ATM the other day and I had $20 in there! Scarey stuff!
Thats life though ay.........Make the scarifice in the short term to make the long term gains.

G'day, Odin!

Seen ya pic on the Vallhala mate! Your a Scarey bugger :frightene . Hope ya doin well matey.

Tonyr
05-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Wow, Well I really stopped missing you fast! LOL!

Alex is Back!!

Where's the pic of the new yella thang??

New Toro Z's are the Yoya mate, oops, didn't see the little yella go under the deck....like running over a graffiti can LOL!!!!!!

Are you going to the mower trade show in Brissy in Sept?

Glad ya back mate, can't wait for the pics!

Spent a few years up the gulf, lots of piggin!
Did you see or cross the Gregory river?

We lived across the road from the pub when I was a kid.

Went back when I was 17, those days I had a shortie yota with a 327 chev all worked, what a rig, white all over, mags etc, raised suspension, etc, etc. Grunt! Like my new Toro!

Alex Callaghan
07-07-2004, 08:47 PM
RE: The Equipment Expo in Brissy.Yep, I'll be there. Are coming down Tony?

Dunno bout Gregory River Tony. Dosn't ring a bell though we could have. We crossed hundreds of rivers on the trip. wheres it near?

Yes mate.......Lots of pigging up there. My relos run a boar hunting safari joint just north of Makay.Arguably the best pigging in Oz up there. All the hunting I've done has been in the Cape nad North Qld region. No seriouse pigging this time. Mate bagged a big tuskie early one morning though. Woke up to the pop of a 308. Anouther mate saw it that I've been out hunting with before and he knows his $hit and reckond it was sick or somthing the way it was walking, so pretty easy kill. The bloke that shot it talked it up for days though (like he was staring death in the face.....Suprise suprise LOL!!!). His first time he's ever shot anything that was alive.

The vehical sounds like it was a goa mate. The ol SWB yotas are a bloody Aussie icon. 327 ay..... more torque than a bunch of old girls at a bloody bowls night mate. But In 327 chev we would have ran out of fuel half way across the simpson.... a bit thirsty for long distances. Needed the economy and reliability of a Diesel for the sort of traveling we did.

The majority of the trip I was in my mates 80series Cruiser. Bloody thing was unstopable. ARB air lockers (diff locks), 9500lbs warn winch, Old man emu shokes and springs, Codan HF, GME UHF,GME Citizen Band, Garmin GPS, BFG muddies etc etc etc. I was In the best vehical.......My mates in the Rangie and the Pootrol wouldn't have agreed though. There in denial. We where pulling them out of sticky situations all too often.

Tonyr
07-07-2004, 09:18 PM
G'Day Alex,

sounds like that trip was a pearla!

That shortie I had with 327 chev had holley carb and extractors, plus minor engine work off memory, got 21mpg back then, mid 80's.

Gregory river, one of the biggies in qld up there, without finding a map I can't remember where it links, you would know if you crossed it, big, deep, full of crocs, beautiful water running, palms etc on the banks...and lotsa pigs!

That trip...everyone should see that country at least once in their life, get out of the wussy cities.

Tonyr
07-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Hi again Alex,

Are you going to this one?

Qld Property & Garden Maintenance Association's show...

Yeah, thinking seriously about it, just hope it is worth the long drive.

Brad
08-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi again Alex,

Are you going to this one?

Qld Property & Garden Maintenance Association's show...

Tony,

When and where is this show on?

Brad

Tonyr
08-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Hi Brad,

All info is here http://www.qpgma.com/

Click on "newsletter" for where and when.

Easycareacres
08-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Tony Im still waiting for my mate to ask about the shows. He had a family member pass away so giving him time before I ask him but havent forgtting as would like to know about same as you.

Tonyr
08-07-2004, 10:00 PM
no worries mate...funny, wife wants to go more than I do.

Think she wants to meet the people who yack to me every night, I think a few from on here will be going, be great to meet up and have a few eh?

Probably get pissed and buy another bloody toro!

Before you say it I'll save ya, you are going to say a bloke would have to be pissed to buy a toro right? LOL!

Easycareacres
09-07-2004, 07:14 AM
lol well get in 4x4 and come down here for weekend, bring kids, woman can yak and we get boozed heeee.

Alex Callaghan
09-07-2004, 12:51 PM
"Probably get pissed and buy another bloody toro!"

LMAO mate, cheers. Had really good laugh.

Easycareacres
09-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Hey Tony talk about shows, arriving home this arvo and theres a show tommorrow haa yes its called farm fantastic 1 min from my house. We are looking in paper now to find what it is but its really huge mate. Marquis everywhere powered sites. keep ya posted tonight on it.

mick
12-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey Alex, hope ya well mate! Cant wait to see ya pics of the trip. Didnt know you got a Dane instead of the Hustler. Why was that? Price? The Hustlers look very good and user friendly, might look into one or other after the season starts! Along with a trailer, spray pac, back pac blower, kidneys, brain, skin, wife. opps, I mean life! hehe

Guys, that show sounds like a go'er. Be good to catch up with all you freaks for a beer or 12. If all works out, I'll try and get there although its still a while away.\

Dont know about you lot but I've got bugger all work on. Was sorting out my dairy today and ringing my customers, 2 want theres done, Thursday of next week! :i dunno: Fair enough I suppose, its so dry and nothings growing if not brown dead looking rubbish!

Tony, pissed to by a Toro. lol. Yeap!

Alex Callaghan
12-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey Mick,
I'm well mate!

The Sweet FA work on felling is mutual. I've got a few whacks that want me going weekly year round just to clean the leaves and crap off the lawn and drive. They don't even need mowing really.
I'm not complaining though...........I don't even have to trim.
As far as council work goes they arn't really intrested in having me cut this time of the year wether the areas need it or not.

Didn't want the Hustler arfter mowing for 6 hrs with it. Did everything well but it didn't seem as well built as the Danes.
Single tube frame as opposed to tripple tube on the Danes, Skiny little castor wheel hounsings, Big plastic thing wraping around the seat, Skiny weaker looking components all over it. Cut and drove great. My main qaums where with the frame and deck lift, castor running gear being so under built. Also I didn't like the fact that the rear frame (under the engine) sat so low to the ground so every time I went down a steep slope the back end of the frame scalped (in 4by terms the mower had **** depature angle!). They have these silly little wheels there (like deck wheels) but they just dug in! Also somthing that was a little disapointing was the max deck hight was only 5'' oposed to 6.5'' on the Dane and 1.5'' of deck lift can make a hell of difference when doing slashing type work! Also the main PTO belt on the hustler rubbed against the under side of the frame in the highest (5") setting, Bloody Stupid design!
So yeah. Thats about it as far as my take on the Hustler. Wouldn't last too long for me let alone do the job I wanted it to. I've I can think of anything else (and there where other things) that miffed me about the hustler i'll let you know, lol.

So I ended up with a $22,990 Great Dane Senior, 61'', 27Kaw EFI Demo with 40hrs on it for 19,000! Bloody bargin and I like it. Suspension seat, ROPS, Donaldson filtter etc.
It's a buetie!

Yep contrators day sounds the go guys.

So are we all going then ya whackas?

Tonyr
12-07-2004, 10:49 PM
So are we all going then ya whackas?

Sounds good to me!
Should of moved house by then hopefully :)

mick
13-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Alex/guys as far as the show, as of this moment I'm in. Told the missus about it today and she was like you can finally meet those friends of your on the net. I love that girl! Pick us up on the way through and I'll split petty cost etc. Silly us both driving up I recon. What do ya say, I'm just over the hill?

Had a look at the Hustler Super Z again today. After reading your post though Al, I'm in 2 minds. Dont get me wrong, I'm not going to run out and get one tomorrow but you and I would be cutting simular grass and conditions. I've never driven a Z so I value your input!

I do like the price of them though, $18000 I think for the Super Z 27hp Kohler (can get Kawasaki) 60" deck. Can get the ATV Hustler now and there $22000. The shop is very close to home as well. I also saw a Snapper today, 21hp 50" odd deck and that was $17000. Chalk and cheese I thought! Kubota ZD28, get this, $28000. No thanks!

Tonyr
13-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi Mick,

2 minds....be right, couldn't be that silly with one!
Sorry, couldn't resist!

OK, ZTR's....if I could afford the Kubota, I would own one.

Hustler did well in my demo...but I felt cramped.

Ferris...hearing some conflicting stuff about them, small dealer network too.

J.D, yanks like em....should be good.

Daggy Scaggy types....Kiwis like em...must have the feel of a sheep?

Danes...those that own these choose to travel rather than enjoying the grass shearing experience...gota wander.

Toro...these new ones are great, must have a good dealer. Can't deal with Toro direct, have a problem with a bad dealer and area manager doesn't help, panick. Qld manager is absolutly great though.

Kubota have smaller Z's than the Z28, saw ones with catchers in a trade mag recently, check web site I guess.

If you want to ever come for a drive in the country, you can play with mine as long as you want, just find an old park somewhere and just go for it. This way you aren't pressured and can demo as long as you want.

Offer is always there.

Easycareacres
13-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Im getting worried about you Tony, beware he wants you to play with it Mic. lol :laughing:

Tonyr
13-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Same weekend you bring your daggy scags up to show us how good Toro is LOL!

What did you decide about the trade show ol shagger?

Seen any crocs around lately?? ;frosty;

mick
13-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Russ, I refuse to get sucked into your seedy little mind! hehe

Cheers for that Tony. Your Toro does look the goods mate but I don't know where theres a dealer down here. Probably have to go up to Brissy or something and I really don't want to have to do that. The Hustler, Scag and JD dealers are close which would make it better for "quick" repairs.
Also the cost of these things, the Hustler looks the cheapest by 5 or 6 grand, which is a lot of Bourbon!
I went to Kubota today actually and saw a 15hp Z'd with a catcher... $17000!
I'm really still just playing with the idea but its looking hopeful later in the year when the grass grows again. I was going to buy a 4x4 but thought a mower would be a better investment. Still, I'm a shocking shopper and always second guess myself.
So much to buy with no money coming in!

Alex Callaghan
13-07-2004, 07:30 PM
G'day guys,

Mick, no worries about picking ya up mate. Thats fine.
The hustler cut well and mulched better than my Danes and gezzus it was fast. It just seemed a little under built to me along with the deck hight, belt rubing and low profile at the rear that I didn't like. When we go up to this show I'll bring a Dane up and let you have a go and a look around your lawn and I can leave it trailered at your place while we go up to the show if ya want? No big hassel for me at all. And when we get to the show I'd say Hustler will be there and I can point out the things that miffed me on the super Z.

Kubota is very X'ee and also very X'ee as far as parts go. For instance the transmission in the Kubota is very very complicated and I'd say over engineeed for a mower. The Kub tranni is a semi sealed unit and is full of little springs, gears and lots of other fast moving parts. If one thing spits in that tranni the whole thing will tear to pieces on the inside. That is exactly what happened to a local contractor up here. He said the machine is great and so is the minamal down time but when somthing does go wrong it costs him big time. Sorta like the Diesel engine VS the Petrol argument. You get many thousands of Km of realiable service, econamy and longer service interviles out of a Diesel but when somthing goes wrong with a Diesel system your up for spending a lot more than you would on a petrol!

Mick I'd stay away from brands like snapper. JMO

Tony, Those that choose to own Danes can afford to travel mate. Less money goes into down time. HA! That has gotta make you wander why you have a Toro............Hahahahahaaaaa. Mabey with Dane you could travel too. (Just Stiring ya mate, I know Toro's are good mowers)

Yep Russ the ol Tone is becoming a bit of worrie :)

How where all ya days today?

Tonyr
13-07-2004, 07:30 PM
a 15hp kubota...

thats stupid, I reckon commercial stuff, or engines driving blowers and blades should start at 25hp, 15 imo on a z running hydros etc is a bit lousy, especially for 17k.

Talk to Andrew at 'the mower place'' in brissy, big toro dealer, sounds like a good bloke too, he helped me problem solve an issue with toro once.

Be careful, nowadays dealers are reluctant to work on mowers they didn't sell, shopping for cheapest isn't always best, after sales is priority. as ya know...

I paid almost 24k for my toro with mulch kit, actually I think it was 23500 ish...

still not regretting it!

just want it to rain, days are quite warm, nice holiday weather...and I'm booked out for a week. either flat or no work, not a nice flow lol.

Another great thing about owning a chick magnet Toro is knowing it is much better than Alex's and Russells little domestic use back yard machines! :p

Ebony
13-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Sounds like you got it all sorted guys, great to hear. Be sure to take a pic for the forum :)

Tonyr
13-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey Dundee,

Touche~

Got me there!

you're pretty quick for a young fella :cool:

mick
13-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Alex, sounds good mate! Just seemed silly for us both to drive when you'd be more or less going past.
When it comes down to it, I dont know bugger all about Z's so it would be great to have everyones points of view. Be good to run around my joint for a bit on it cos then I'll look like I know what the hell I'm doing at the show! :frightene hehe! Can leave the trailer here no worries, could even put it up in the shed if needed.

Yeah, the Kubotas are well and truly out with there prices. I know the engines are good except be interesting to know how they'd go in the long stuff? I occasionally use a 30hp I think Kub tractor with a 60 odd inch belly deck, goes good until I get into the longer grass, then have to slow right down. Great little tractor though!
As far as the Snapper goes, I wouldn't get one for sure. It looked ok but not strong looking like the Toros etc. Even looked a little home ownerish but told other wise. I did like the joystick steering though. Like the old Space Invader days!

Tony, the 15hp Kub I'm sure was home owner grade. He did say that a few councils down south are running them but I'm not convinced. Could be ok for running around small residentials looking at the pic. No way you'd use it on large prop's. For got to mention it had the catcher, catcher lift thingy. Check this pic and link............

http://kubota.com.au/products/detail.asp?ca_id=2&pd_id=3&mo_id=GZD15

Was thinking about this show, what if we could stay the night up there somewhere. Could really relax then I reckon and get on it! Just a thought guys, what do you lot think. Hows ya fridge Russ?

Ebony
14-07-2004, 07:15 AM
If we had our logo by then you guys would wear a little indmowing merchandise yea? ;)

Ebony

mick
14-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Send em up. We should of got them for joining any hooos!

Reminds of a line of a TV show from a couple of years ago..............

"What am I gonna wear?" hehe

Alex Callaghan
14-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Mick, Finding somewhere to stay up there sounds good mate. If where guna get on the piss I don't really want to drive back to Bangalow with a belly full of liquid gold! there'd be an RBT on the H'way knowing my luck and I've been there done that and really don't wana lose my licence again especialy while I'm still on my good behavior bond from the first time! Also I can't imagine Tony's gunna want to drive back to Harvey Bay arfter the show!
Russ's would be a goa but If it dosn't suit Russ I'd be leaning towards a motel. What do yas think?

Tony, Quick for a young fella's a bloody understatment! I've got reflexes of a steel trap mate!!

Eb, I'll wear you'r logo mate. No whuckers!

:russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:

Easycareacres
14-07-2004, 06:44 PM
you guys most welcome to crash here. Put yas in dog kennel lol.
Well Alex, Mic are you still coming this weekend show up road ?

Easycareacres
14-07-2004, 06:46 PM
sorry Tony you and family also matey. have 3 fridges glug glug

mick
14-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Tony, Quick for a young fella's a bloody understatment! I've got reflexes of a steel trap mate!!

First time I read that I thought you wrote "Reflex's of a Steal Cap" hehe Oh, steal "trap"
Got my boot in my mouth!

Alex, fully stay the night! Thats what I was thinking about the drink driving. No good mate. I've been there myself and dont want to got back to the pushy!
Sounds like Russ's is the go. Cheers for Russel! hip hip hiccup :russ: How many guitars you got there mate? :russ:

Cant see myself going this weekend Russ, to short notice but the one in Sep sounds the goods. Whats the go with this weekend one anyway? Is it gonna be big or what? What day etc, details, we need details! hehe

Eb, I'll have an XL shirt and a hat! Cheers! Preferably not pink! Although, Independant printed on some pink undies could be good! You could use large font on mine! hehe :i dunno: (I'll leave that one open to come backs) :rolleyes:

Easycareacres
14-07-2004, 07:22 PM
she dont print for countersunk guys ya wally. haaaa this show Mic ive never been too but herd is really good. Its called farm fantastic. pass huge marquis etc up road its beside motorway. There are tractors etc small acerage stuff so presume there are mowers too. Very big site so yeah going to look $8.00 fee kids under 8 free. Sat and sun far as I know.
Its okay ill drink your share jethrul. lol