PDA

View Full Version : electric hedge trimmers

WEEDKILLER
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi all im looking at buying a electric hedge trimmer which ones do you reccomend im not a profeshinal just for home use Thanks in advance

kakegc
12-02-2008, 05:17 PM
G'day weedkiller, I don't reckon you'll find too many guys on here that use electric hedgers mate! ;) (that should probably tell you something? :i dunno: )

Try the choice website or maybe ask the checkout girls at bunnings which ones get returned the most & avoid that brand.

Cheers, Kevin........... :)

just john
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THE ELECTRIC TRIMMER IS
THE %^$$%#@ POWER LEAD IS IN YOUR FACE CONSTANTLY :frightene AND IF YOU DONT CUT INTO THAT WITHIN THE FIRST COUPLE OF USES YOUR GOING WELL SO IF YOU CAN AFFORD A PETROL TRIMMER IT MAKES THE JOB A LOT QUICKER, NEATER AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL -SAFER :wave-hi: :wave-hi:

heggie
13-02-2008, 05:59 PM
well what i would say is like any other electric power tool , is go for a well known brand , bosch, black & decker, makita etc. but i would stay clear on ozito , gmc. (cheap stuff) i have used Dewalt for years and they are very good but i dont think they make trimmers ... good luck
cheers heggie

m287j
13-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Go with a trusted brand like Ryobi or something, i am sure Bunnings can help you.

Like the others have said before me, i don't think any of us can recommend one as we all use petrol units.

If i where you i would spend a bit extra and get a petrol unit anyway, far safer and you cannot put a price on safety.

lethal
03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
well what i would say is like any other electric power tool , is go for a well known brand , bosch, black & decker, makita etc. but i would stay clear on ozito , gmc. (cheap stuff) i have used Dewalt for years and they are very good but i dont think they make trimmers ... good luck
cheers heggie

I have had an ozito dropsaw for over 4 yrs and it has been used on dozens and dozens of landscaping jobs and it still goes like new....I will tell you however why I bought such a cheap saw...I had the makita dropsaw on the ground and I had finished using the jackhammer(the real big bugger kango hammer) and I just let it go and it landed on the saw and snapped it, so I had to rush into the bunnings down the road and quickly grab a new one to finish the job, I didn't expect it to last too long, but hey, I got lucky!! ;frosty;

heggie
04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I have had an ozito dropsaw for over 4 yrs and it has been used on dozens and dozens of landscaping jobs and it still goes like new....I will tell you however why I bought such a cheap saw...I had the makita dropsaw on the ground and I had finished using the jackhammer(the real big bugger kango hammer) and I just let it go and it landed on the saw and snapped it, so I had to rush into the bunnings down the road and quickly grab a new one to finish the job, I didn't expect it to last too long, but hey, I got lucky!! ;frosty;

nothing wrong with cheap tools lethal as long as you know their limitations,i am a bit of a tool freak and worked in the carpentry trade
for years and i like my brand name tools , using them everyday you need good tools and they last longer than your cheap stuff. but i also have a $17 hammer drill from bunnings which is 3 years old and still goes well. :i dunno: cheers heggie