PDA

View Full Version : Qualifications required to do lawnmowing business

Wally Carew
28-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Hi All,
When I was a younger bloke than I am now, I used to do a lot of lawns on the side, generally mow front and back, edging sweep, take away trimmings and a bit of rubbish removal. I'm thinking of taking it back up and want to know if I need to have any specific qualifications. I notice some of you blokes are "licensed". I don't want to do anything more advanced than a bit of mowing/edging/rubbish removal. Thanks guys and look forward to getting back into it.

twin_cities_lawncare
28-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm not aware of any licence required to do lawn care, unless you are doing large scale work with poisons (herbicides).
To be a legit business, you'll need a registered business name, and it also pays to be insured, as you'll pick up more work that way, and be covered if anything should happen.

NLALM
28-02-2008, 08:48 PM
You need an ABN and public liability insurance. So we all hope you are going to be legit and not just another wally undercutting the honest people trying to make a living mowing lawns.

forevergreen
28-02-2008, 09:29 PM
:aus-flag: My only advice join the INDEPENDENT LAWN MOWING CONTRACTORS OF AUSTRALIA,and speak to DEAN he can help
with insurance,parts & gear ect.The book you get when you join
LAWN MOWING FASTRAK TO SUCCESS is great and has helped me
in my business also DEAN has only been a phone call away for advice when i needed it and also some of the advice from the forum
members has been a big help THANK'S . :aus-flag:

heggie
29-02-2008, 04:04 PM
i think getting a green card would also help people coming into the mowing trade who havent done work like this before, like office jocks etc.. just to know the dangers of machines and hazards so on .even working on ladders.

Wally Carew
29-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Well as I said I've been there done it before but want to get back into it, only interested in mowing and was legit before and would be again, thanks for the few good hints.