PDA

View Full Version : Customer feedback

mowjoman
03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
G'Day there gentle people :wave-hi:
I've been thinking about giving my customers a feedback form to fill in. I'm now about 4 months into this game on a full time basis after buying an existing round. I was going to ask questions like what should I keep,stop and start doing or suggestions on how I could improve my service to meet individauls needs etc...etc...
Have any of you guys done something like this?
The reason I'm posing this question on this forum is that on one hand I think it may show the customer my comitment to quality and their satisfaction but on the other hand I worry it may backfire...As you all know some people (PITA's) can at times be unrealstic :i dunno:
Whatcha's reckon?? :russ:

bks07
03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I Thought about doing the same thing but decided against it as i thought alot of people might start saying feedback like the last guy used to do this and that from time to time as part of the service.

So i added to the bottom of my invoices:
If you have any comments or concerns regarding my services please contact me.

Let us know what happens if you do put out a feedback form would be interested to know...

bb1
03-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I did think about it, but I have found that the best customer feedback is when they keep calling for you to come back. It has gotten to the point where I got a call from one client today, and I couldn't give her a booking until the 1st week of April. To me that means my customer feedback is that I must be doing a reasonable job, or else they wouldnt keep calling me back. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ian
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
the problem as i see it with the feed back form is if a client makes a suggestion and you don't think it's reasonable or you just forget to do it on your next visit then they could get there nose's out of joint about it and instead of proving how professional and committed you are you will just p them off

twin_cities_lawncare
04-03-2008, 05:49 AM
mojoman
I recall doing a bit of a feedback form a few months after we started our business and put it in with our Christmas cards, but we didn't get many back...you know the apathy that we Aussies seem to have (not to mention the aversion to filling out forms that many people have, myself included.) We just assumed all must be well because they kept having us back regularly and paid their bills without any fuss. That's about as much feedback as some people will give, tho there is always the occasional compliment from customers if they are home at the time or a phone call now and then expressing appreciation for a job well done - I reckon that's a real non-cash bonus :)

grasshopper
06-03-2008, 07:26 AM
I was thinking about doing the reverse, to the non-payers, PITA's, the "watchers", and the "doesn't matter how hard you try whingers!". You could have a check box and hand it to them on completion of job with the relevent boxes marked, and ask them to sort themselves out before your next visit...please! ;frosty; :frightene

mowjoman
06-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. All good points. Gotta say Ian your point is exactly what I've been hesitant about in doing it. As far as my PITA'a go I wouldn't give them one as I get feedback everytime I visit...lol.
Your right Christine, I have one customer in particular who put a nice little note in the mail with the cheque and when I thanked her next time I saw her (she lives in a house and owns units next door and I do all at the same time), she said the tenents all commented on the job I'd done as well. Was very nice indeed and I banged my ears on each side of the door when I got back in the car lol.
I'm fairly confident that my customers are happy as I havn't lost any at all thru the business changing hands so I guess that should be feedback enough like you say bb1 but alot seem quiet and may not say anything unless asked maybe :i dunno:
If I was going to do it I would be selective with who got one and I'm definately either way gonna start putting something like what you do bks07 on the bottom of my invoices.
I'll keep ya's posted anyways. :wave-hi:

kakegc
06-03-2008, 07:21 PM
We just got the best kind of feedback you can get; the customer was so happy with the job we did for her today she not only kept telling us what a great job we'd done, she slung us an extra $50! :) Customers like these are pure gold! :russ: :russ: :russ:

kakegc
06-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I was thinking about doing the reverse, to the non-payers, PITA's, the "watchers", and the "doesn't matter how hard you try whingers!". You could have a check box and hand it to them on completion of job with the relevent boxes marked, and ask them to sort themselves out before your next visit...please! ;frosty; :frightene

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :clap: :clap: :clap: