PDA

View Full Version : masport honda combo,

danz
05-03-2008, 03:21 PM
hey guys got a catalogue today of the new masport honda combos, masport deck wheels etc honda motors, there a ripper looking machine, just wondering is anyone using one,if so what are they like to mow with, theres a contractor range and a mulch one etc

chatza
06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah i got one hondas are great motors but i find the masport heavyer than the rovers and i find i get a better cut with the rovers.
Next mower i buy will be a rover or honda for sure.

danz
07-03-2008, 07:56 PM
gday chatza do you have one of new ones,, what model do you have,, yeah ive seen a few of the older ones but have never used the new series,

chatza
07-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Its a masport 460 contractor maxi catch 18" with a honda 5.5 gxv160 its about 1.5 - 2 yo so not sure if its the same

geoff
16-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Looking at the masport honda combo...we have bushrangers and honda as well as rover hondas....i am advised that the masport is genrally similar to the bushranger but a bit lighter but apparently is very good in wet conditions...the rover combo is ok but very light and didnt stand up against the big honda or bushranger ...the masport do make good mowers so is has anyone had heaps of experience with this mower....any comments from anyone on this model???

DavidS
16-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I have a Rover 560 pro with a B&S Inteck 65, the best mower I bought, leaves the Hondas for dead, full width rear chute, long wet Kikuyu and Buffalo not a problem. Heavy mower but self propelled so not a problem there. Gives a great finish. Adjustable height handle bars, which good for me as I am 181cm and the honda bars are too short.

geoff
16-08-2009, 07:43 PM
actually the masport combo is the push one , i am aware of the rover but a lot our lawns needs a lighter mower...

geoff
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Still looking at the new masport honda combo..pushy one..has anyone got one and what are the results...masport always make a good mower and honda a great engine..ive seem them in the shop with the slick wheels but need to here some reports on them,

geoff
01-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Still looking at the new masport honda combo..pushy one..has anyone got one and what are the results...masport always make a good mower and honda a great engine..ive seem them in the shop with the slick wheels but need to here some reports on them,
anyone got one ????? the new ones that are just released...i have tried and owned everything but this one so would like any feedback :i dunno:

markclad
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I have a Masport 19" President 5000 with the Honda GXV 160 motor, with mulch, chute & catch. Havent had any major problems in 2 years. Does a nice cut. Catches well. Not a heavy mower to push. Bought this Masport, as I had a masport before and put it through hell and never had any problems. Still have it sitting in the shed.

geoff
02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I have a Masport 19" President 5000 with the Honda GXV 160 motor, with mulch, chute & catch. Havent had any major problems in 2 years. Does a nice cut. Catches well. Not a heavy mower to push. Bought this Masport, as I had a masport before and put it through hell and never had any problems. Still have it sitting in the shed.
how does it perform in the wet conditions???does it catch the wet grass ok???and how does it go on heavy types like kikuyu

markclad
02-11-2009, 09:14 PM
I havent had any problems catching when I have had to do a wet job. A lot of my lawns are kikuyu and it has had no problems. It really fills the catcher well. Had a lawn today with a good amount of gum leaves on it, picked them up perfectly.