PDA

View Full Version : Most important equipment

bb1
10-03-2008, 09:40 PM
We all have our mechanical equipment, ie I have 2 ride on's, 2 hand mowers, whipper, couple of blowers, hedger, etc. All of which I do some kind of regular maintenance on.

What about the one piece of equipment that is absolutely essential to make all of these mechanicals devices perform to do the job we ask of them.

What regular maintenance, upkeep do we perform on our own bodies to keep them operating in peak performance?

Islandhead
10-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Lots of red wine to lubricate my hardworking joints :laughing:

m287j
10-03-2008, 10:03 PM
What regular maintenance, upkeep do we perform on our own bodies to keep them operating in peak performance?

I agree with islandhead, the red wine works a treat. as does that liquid amber stuff in the hot weather. ;)

ian
10-03-2008, 10:21 PM
none which is probably why mines falling apart

lethal
11-03-2008, 06:24 AM
We all have our mechanical equipment, ie I have 2 ride on's, 2 hand mowers, whipper, couple of blowers, hedger, etc. All of which I do some kind of regular maintenance on.

What about the one piece of equipment that is absolutely essential to make all of these mechanicals devices perform to do the job we ask of them.

well I don't drink wine, but jim beam seems to do the trick for me!

kakegc
11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Scotch! :p :p :p

worzel
12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=bb1]We all have our mechanical equipment, ie I have 2 ride on's, 2 hand mowers, whipper, couple of blowers, hedger, etc. All of which I do some kind of regular maintenance on.

What regular maintenance, upkeep do we perform on our own bodies to keep them operating in peak performance?[/QUT

There is nothing better after a hard days mowing than a cold beer or 8 But with aching joints and all ,red wine in moderation 1.5 litres makes me sleep like a baby (By the way do babies really sleep - little buggers wakl up every 4 hours or so:dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean:

worzel
12-03-2008, 04:33 PM

Hi bb1
Forget my last post
I do enjoy my beer and red wine.
When you have mowing for years and years your body becomes used to the job you are doing.

If you mow (not a ride on ) you can mow all day because that's what your body gets used to.

When you change jobs such as hedge trimming and you climb up and down a ladder or trestles your muscles and joints ache because of unused muscles.

I have started doing these multi stretching exercises in the morning and found my joints don't lock up in the pm

Beer and red wine are acidic (but so nice)
If you do eat enough green stuff (Alkaline)your joints will ache.
My old diet was beer,steak ,chicken, eggs (the good food)
No Green stuff- joints were bad
I also lift weights - NOT TOO BAD NOW

:wave-hi: :wave-hi: :wave-hi: :wave-hi: :wave-hi: :wave-hi: :wave-hi:

worzel
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
THAT SHOULD BE NOT ENOUGH GREEN STUFF :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean: :dean:

kakegc
12-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey Worzel, I've had a bit of a lifestyle change & began eating correctly & started lifting a few weights myself over the last 6 months or so too. It's made a HUGE difference to the way I feel mate! I've even started doing some of this new fangled "high intensity interval training" that we used to call "wind sprints" a few years past. It really makes me feel better, even if I still look like a fat old bastard lol! Something that has made a HUGE impact on how I feel is using guarana just before my high intensity stuff. I get it from the health food shop in vials for $1.50 each. I put the ipod on with something that really gets me going like AC/DC "baby please don't go" or maybe Chumbawumba & off we go! up as many steep hills as I can find in the park not too far away! MATE, WHAT A BUZZ! When I lift weights, I try real hard to do moderate weights, but the ego tends to get in the way now & then lol! I've got a gym in my spare room & she that must be obeyed keeps telling me to take it easy. :laughing:

lawn order
12-03-2008, 09:50 PM
My best bit of equipment:
Brings me a cuppa in bed.
Fuels the mower {Me} in the morning.
Is side by side me in the big jobs, but still has reserves to do lunch.
Is book-keeper, Acountant, Customer relations sweet talker.
Covers my arse for all my mistakes.
Masseusse.
Parts and equipment getter.
And on & on and on & on.
Then she gives our daughter a break & baby sits the grand kids and cooks their dinner while doing some of their chores.
Then we are both stuffed, so we sit and dine & wine.
And next Morning My best piece of equipment starts again more reliably than a well tuned Honda.

NLALM
13-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Where do you buy one of those. I asked the fella at bunnings and he couldnt help.

worzel
27-04-2008, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=kakegc]Hey Worzel, I've had a bit of a lifestyle change & began eating correctly & started lifting a few weights myself over the last 6 months or so too. It's made a HUGE difference to the way I feel mate! I've even started doing some of this new fangled "high intensity interval training" that we used to call "wind sprints" a few years past. It really makes me feel better, even if I still look like a f

**** mate
You use the same gear as me (sort of)
Mid life crisis -yeah
You say what you think on this site (as me) and maybe a spot of bother from Admin(ha ha ) good site to chat about similar work stuff.

I had a weight bench in my spare room for 6 years.
When I used it for 3 months or so solid the muscle and strength used to build up and I felt great.
But, I fought the beer and the beer won
I sold it and bought one of those "chuck Norris,s Total gyms"
Stuffed my shoulder in a work accident and sold it.Does not build muscle like the weights.
By the way when I lift weights I also looked like a fat bastard, but a bloody strong fat bastard.
Hang in there Kevin
:wave-hi: :wave-hi:

mongoose
27-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I think i need to do something like you two guys and get some type of exercise going , { bigest weekness is pepsi max and food any food that is . Now that it is slowing down i won't have an excuse .

administrator
19-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Amazing how much weight you loose when walking 5 k a day :wave-hi: