PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone - Newbie on the Block

MowMan
02-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would stop in and say HI. Have been mowing friends lawns for about a year now and have finally made the step and registered my business and taking on more customers.

I work full time shift work so I have plenty of time of mowing. Almost like having two jobs. Who needs sleep??? haha!

Based in the Penrith area :aus-flag:

Looks like a great site you have hear and looking forward to learning more and more.

MowMan

Sandgroper
02-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the site, i hope you enjoy it here. :)

kakegc
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Welcome MowMan! :wave-hi:

m287j
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Welcome MowMan, good to see another Sydneysider aboard.

MowMan
03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone. Well business is booming at the moment. Have been handing out flyer's in the local neighborhood and have a fair few jobs for the next few days. Including hedge trimming and yard cleanups.

Still only using the victor mower at the moment but will be picking up a Honda in the next few weeks :russ: :russ:

MowMan
18-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I would pop in with an update. Business has been going good. Still only part time at this stage to get through the "off-season".

Most of the business has been gardening, hedging , weeding and yard cleanups.

Got myself a nice new Honda HRU19D this week and love it :)

Also registered the business name "Garden Guru Lawn & Property Maintenance.

Just a few:

Do you think I can claim a small garden shed as a tax deduction for storing all my mowing equipment?

administrator
18-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes no problems there claim the shed also if u have a Agriculture show to visit in another state you can claim airfares etc just make sure you get a reciept for the show you went to .

Holidays is a bonus :wave-hi:

hgnel
21-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Im also from the penrith area.
good luck with your new business.

MowMan
22-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for having me everyone. And thanks for the tips.

Also can you claim business registration costs as a tax deduction?

I have emailed indmowing about forms for public liability insurance but I have not heard anything back yet?? Is this insurance only for members?

The Local Gardener
30-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Welcome to the site!!! Persist with everything. I started about 2 years ago and being from Vic things are very tough. Our lack of rain and severe droughts has really put a dent in things. I have so many clients which i thank the man up stairs for, however our soils are to dry.. :Rain: :Rain: :Rain: :Rain: need it, need it...

MowMan
14-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Well today I realised that there is just no pleasing some people.

Did a job on monday for an elderly lady. Spent 2.5 hours making the edges perfect and mowing and only charged her $40 (major under quote).

Receive a call this morning (2 days later) saying to come back as I have left "mess".

Drove past today and the only mess is the new leaves that have already dropped in the gutter.

I think she is a looney because she believes I came yesterday and also believes I worked with another bloke (i operate alone).

And she told me she spent lots on money on the work I did. Find someone else that would charge $40 for all that work! The edges had never been cut so I had to use the blade edger and then shovel the grass away!

CRAZY!