PDA

View Full Version : which bank? ;)

robbie
17-04-2008, 01:16 AM
so who do you bank with? heres my findings as I'm still setting my business up...

I have looked at all the good business players; commbank, anz, westpac, st george and I think Westpac has the best business solutions available:

Westpac Business Max-i Direct
This is a $0 monthly fee account with free unlimited transferes between a linked westpac account.

I'll be setting this up for keeping GST/TAX and general business savings... The good thing about this account is it pays interest.

Westpac Business One - Low Plan
This is a $6.50 per month account which I'll use for everyday banking. its low cost as i'm guessing there are a low number of allowed transactions, and once you exceed these, you get charged an excess use fee (electronic $0.20, cheque $0.60, branch $1.00).. that being said, I dont plan on banking every day, i'll bank every couple of days..

the only downfalls of this account are no interest, and the low number of transactions allowed.. not sure how many they allow, but will know in the next few days..

thats my findings... who is everyone else using??

DAJ
17-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Robbie
I have used just about every bank over the years and have found Westpac the best ,mainly when there is a problem.I have used them for the past 15 years.The other bank i use to hold most of the working capital is Bank West.You earn the best interest and no minimum amounts for deposits or withdrawls.
Cheers

robbie
17-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi Robbie
I have used just about every bank over the years and have found Westpac the best ,mainly when there is a problem.I have used them for the past 15 years.The other bank i use to hold most of the working capital is Bank West.You earn the best interest and no minimum amounts for deposits or withdrawls.
Cheers

well its good to see someone else has had a good experience with westpac..

I have also heard good things about bank west.. never used them though :i dunno:

NWGL
23-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm with a credit union.

Used to be with St George but fees kept going up & up.

Credit union even gives me a $4 credit towards fees each month.

Instead of paying $30 per month in fees, I now average about $5 per month. Very happy. :)

tony bettess
30-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi, Robbie i used to be with St George then we moved to the bank of melbourne & still stayed when west-pac took over and still happy with them. :clap: :cool:

robbie
30-04-2008, 11:48 PM
gday tony, good to hear more positive feedback about westpac...