PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay.

tony bettess
27-04-2008, 11:52 AM
What would be a reasonable hourly rate to pay an offsider? :confused: :cool:

DAJ
29-04-2008, 08:47 AM
I reckon it all depends on how fast they can work[and still maintain your standards].If they are inexperianced maybe $15 per hour but if they are experianced and quick i would pay up to $25.
What does everyone else think?

geoff
29-04-2008, 09:27 PM
award rate i believe is 12 to 15 bucks an hour but good operators we pay 25 to 30 bucks an hour if they good , if they rEALLY G0OD we give them bonus if theres a big project and we finsih early...
You have to be careful as when you pay on great performance they expect more for just ok jobs...its a hard line to balance people want to be rewarded well if they work hard and hate getting ripped off..like us we quote and hate it if we have to drop the price....if you get it right u end up with a great team and make good money as the people u pay are happy and weel rewarded..

NWGL
29-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Also depends if they're on the books or cash in hand ?

mowjoman
30-04-2008, 04:00 AM
So how does it work when it rains for a week or so straight. I'm looking at putting someone on in the future but :i dunno:

tony bettess
30-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi, Thankyou for your imput has help a lot. The other thing that i wonder about do you work their hour's out from the time they get into the ute or when they are actually working onsites? :confused: :cool:

geoff
30-04-2008, 08:21 PM
well if you paying casual and they good workers they should be paid for the time they start in the ute till u drop them off...tight people start the timer from when the start mowing , ive even see them time when they stop for a break or what ever u cant employ people and expect 100 percent time there is always down time and u have to pay otherwise u loose respect be a tight one and loose good workers.... put yourself in the same position

Bgs
30-04-2008, 08:35 PM
well if you paying casual and they good workers they should be paid for the time they start in the ute till u drop them off...tight people start the timer from when the start mowing , ive even see them time when they stop for a break or what ever u cant employ people and expect 100 percent time there is always down time and u have to pay otherwise u loose respect be a tight one and loose good workers.... put yourself in the same position

I have to agree with that, there is down time in our job that cant be avoided.

Pay them for the whole day and factor it in to your quoting,
To pull the stop watch out and pay for the time spent mowing would be a low act.

Bgs
30-04-2008, 08:37 PM
So how does it work when it rains for a week or so straight. I'm looking at putting someone on in the future but :i dunno:

Thats a hard one especially with the amount of rain you get :Rain: . If they are casual they get paid for the days they work. I guess you would have to come to some sort of understanding with them before you put them on

Islandhead
30-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, just agree everything before taking them on.

When I was a casual offsider with a bloke I used to get paid for the days I worked... Paid a full day if we had done over a half day and it rained. Paid for the hours if it rained and was less than a half day and obviously didnt get paid when we didnt work.

He made it all clear before I started for him and couldnt ask for fairer than that.

tony bettess
30-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Thank's Geof, I did ask other operater's that i have talked too, but they weren't quite sure or they just left you scratching your head, because they them selve's haven't really worked it out them selve's. So really what has to happen is re arrange some of my customers. That will save time in running around. I suppose it wouldn't hurt too have a retainer if you want to keep your good worker's. :cool:

geoff
30-04-2008, 08:45 PM
its amazing how people perform when they rewarded for their effort , give some responsibilty if they are up to it and pay for that...but be careful when you pay over as sometimes slackos expect it all the time... good workers are hard to find so when you get them make the special and 9 times out 10 you willreaps the rwards

tony bettess
30-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Thank's Geoff, I probally set up a trial period to see how good at working they. :cool:

tony bettess
30-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi All, Thankyou for your Knowledgeable information. :cheer: :cool:

mowjoman
01-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi All, Thankyou for your Knowledgeable information. :cheer: :cool:

I'll second that :wave-hi: