PDA

View Full Version : "Your lawns are due" flyer

MowMan
01-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a few clients who like to leave calling me until their lawns are higher than the fence.

I am currently making up a flyer to put in their mail box as a "reminder" that their lawns are due. Or "now would be a good time". Hint Hint.

I am just struggling to come up with the right working.

Currently Have:

Thank for using xxx...

We hope you are happy with the service.

It was been 3 weeks since your last____

and now I am stuck. Any help?

tony bettess
01-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi Mowman, I had a client like that so i put it up $15. Also if it's not cut at least every 4 weeks it will cost them $35 an hour hoping to lose them. You no what they make sure that lawn is cut regular. :cool:

robbie
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
good start, include things like "unkept lawns will bring on the weeds" etc... make them think they 'need' you to come back today!

Sandgroper
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I had one today that rang up a few times last year.

I put on the invoice Casual service $65, regular service is availble 1-4 weeks schedule @$45 , this worked he same last year for a while, until i never heard from her for a while, but i am happy to keep her through the winter months.

The most important thing is money , tell them if its after 3-4 weeks it will be $50 or whatever,,not $35,,,,

lifestyle
27-05-2008, 11:54 AM
While a flyer is a good idea, I would recommend a monthly Newsletter to ALL customers, something is always in season and you can promote your next months schedule in this months newsletter.

A phone call or a "drop in" is also often better than a newsletter.

Hope that helps.

Eric.

Mobbster
28-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I dont think they are worth it - i had some and they become a pain when they ring when the grass is fence high - i gave them away and can concentrate on more productive and regular jobs - easier dollars

mowjoman
29-05-2008, 06:30 AM
I have one or two PITA's who are regular through summer but in these cooler months I have put them out to 3 and 4 weeks, so I call the night before to let them know I'll be in their area the next day and that it's been 3/4 weeks. A couple in particular are like, "Give it another 2 days, not too bad at the moment". :dean:
Anyway my wife says I'm too much of a jelly fish and I need to train them better but I do think I dont want to upset them so last round I said to one in particular...I'm on the other side of town in 2 days, with fuel prices going the way they are the only way I can cut it at the price I do is to group my jobs together, otherwise I'll have to charge you an extra fee. After that she was fine. My wife was very proud of me :laughing: