PDA

View Full Version : Landscape design Software

Bgs
20-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Can any one recommend a good landscape design Program and where I can purchase it.

Thanks
:wave-hi:

m287j
20-05-2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.itsoft.com.au

I have thought about buying this myself.

Bgs
20-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the link that is pretty impressive.

geejay
21-05-2008, 12:50 PM
a few points to consider when purchasing landscape design software:

Cad compatiable as architects will be your working partners on designs and they will want to transfer designs of homes via cad and you will want to do visa versa.saves heaps of time travelling between offices and homes.

printer should be large enough to print to architects prefered size.could be a3-a1.plus produce quality reproductions.

computor large enough to handle program.

native oz plant data base.

construction drawings compataibale with coucil regulations.

one can do courses on cad at home.

cad sketch is suiatble for garden design.

haireyscarie
21-05-2008, 03:58 PM
some thing like this maybe
http://www.cad.com.au/general/landscape%20cad.html
bit pricey..like photo shop.
which i bought for do the before and after photo's
me putting this 1 in my wish list :russ:

Scooby Steve
04-03-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.itsoft.com.au

I have thought about buying this myself.

This is an older thread is there anything better out there today or is this still the one to get for garden design software?

geoff
04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Like any software programme , if you dont understand the theory of design it doesnt matter what software you have...ive seen some contarctors have a crack at design using software , but unfortunaletly they lack the knowledge of garden design and the flare ..garden design gets down to what you actually know about plants ,hard landscape etc

Scooby Steve
04-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Like any software programme , if you dont understand the theory of design it doesnt matter what software you have...ive seen some contarctors have a crack at design using software , but unfortunaletly they lack the knowledge of garden design and the flare ..garden design gets down to what you actually know about plants ,hard landscape etc

Don't worry mate i understand garden design just need a fancy program to bedazzle my potential clients and wipe the floor with my competitors. Have you seen what landscapers charge for garden design, yes please easy money for mine beats pushing a mower for $45 bucks a lawn.

Bgs
04-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I ended up getting Turbo Floorplan Home and landscape PRO

http://imsidesign.com/Products/TurboFloorPlan/TurboFloorPlanHomeLandscapePro/KeyFeatures/LandscapeDeck/tabid/1655/Default.aspx

I was not familiar with landscape software so it took me a lot of getting used the instruction book is 330 pages lol.

Scooby Happy to post it to you if you want to give it a try and see if its suitable.

geoff
04-03-2011, 06:57 PM
good onya scoob knowing how to is design is good mate your will kill them ... qualified designers get up to 5k for a design ..mate give the mower away your will do fine...its a great tool to have in the shed to get on top of the oppostion

geoff
04-03-2011, 07:05 PM
try any CAD programmes, harvey norman have some but this programme is very reliable and relative simple to use....you need the abilty to have drag and drop functions to create your design
As the old wise man said , mowing a customers lawn on a regular basis allows you to open up so much more in the back yard..you have the customers attention and then can create additional income from extra tasks such as landscaping etc....couldnt count the number of landscape design and construction done from simply mowing the lawn.....

Scooby Steve
04-03-2011, 07:42 PM

http://imsidesign.com/Products/TurboFloorPlan/TurboFloorPlanHomeLandscapePro/KeyFeatures/LandscapeDeck/tabid/1655/Default.aspx

I was not familiar with landscape software so it took me a lot of getting used the instruction book is 330 pages lol.

Scooby Happy to post it to you if you want to give it a try and see if its suitable.

Thanks for the offer Bgs very nice of you, hold off on sending it just yet we will see what everyone else says and go from there it might save you the trouble cheers mate from Scooby.

Anjaryan
04-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I do limited design stuff,
Used Smart draw for the trial version which i thought was quite good, however I dont do enough to warrant buying it.

What about google sketchup?

Scooby Steve
04-03-2011, 07:54 PM

Bgs did you end up using this program and if so how did you find it.

Bgs
04-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Bgs did you end up using this program and if so how did you find it.

Yeah as I said I was not familiar with this type of programme and I am not a landscape designer so it took me a long time to get the hang of it. Especially slopes and retaining walls,

The first design I did took me weeks of staying up late every night, once you know the functions it gets easier I am sure there must be some more user friendly programmes out there.

Some good features were you could take photos of the finished design from different angles at different times of the day and you could also create a video walk through

I just noticed the web site has a free 15 day trial download as well if you did want to have a play around

NLALM
05-03-2011, 02:06 PM
checkout growit gold works it's cheap and it's Australian easy to use and quite good enough to get your point across. Good landscape desighn software can cost thousands of dollars and is usually very hard to use. I used to hand draw designs but now I find growit is just faster once you know how to use it.As Geoff said you need more than software to be a garden designer. There are plenty of Mcdonalds carpark designers around. Three plant knowledge they are all the same. If you want more info on growit pm me

Scooby Steve
05-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Cheers Bgs and Nlalm i just sent you a pm thank you.

courty
15-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Has anyone got any further info on these software packages,good bad or indifferent?