PDA

View Full Version : misty conditions

geejay
24-05-2008, 05:44 AM
i had my shindy mc tool serviced.started first time on a thick damp misty morning yesterday.15 min later no power and out.checked plug,ok,cleaned.checked filters,outside filter damp,removed inside filter,could see dampness on casing inside,sprayed protect it lightly on filter and casing,put all back together.started ran another 15 min,same problem.persisted until mist cleared then away she went.

anyone had similar problems and solutions?

geejay
31-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Had the same problem under similar conditions in the same garden this Friday using the AT hegde prunner on m tool.By 11am changed
to WS attachement and the mc tool purred without a hitch for 2hrs.
Sun was out at 11am and mist had cleared.Serviced the m tool today and there was moisture in both filters.Cleaned them in water with soap,dryed in the sun.Put it all back together and started first time,purring away.Must be the thick moist air going into the filter and taking moisture into the carb.Protect it does clear the mc tool during damp moist morings.

I think the filters were posiably not dryed properly in the service.This combined with the mist ,thick moist air,introduced moisture to the carb.