PDA

View Full Version : Service Central

Ability
12-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Has anyone signed up to service central or similar? If so what have the leads been like - constant, slow, inconsistant etc?? What does a lead cost and do they charge you for an SMS? How does it all work?

BLACK BEAR
12-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi ABILITY, funny about that, I had a look on their site today to see what sort of jobs they were listing. :frightene Doesnt seem to be much action happening there, not sure if they are just the leftover jobs though, they may give jobs directly to PREFERRED contractors. :rolleyes: ( i wouldnt think so though) Compare it to other categories like fencing and you will get an idea of number of requests! :rolleyes: Hope that makes sense.

BLACK BEAR
12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Forgot to say, I am pretty sure if you speak to Dean he knows a little bit more so he should be able to help you out :dean:

NWGL
12-06-2008, 08:00 PM
There was another thread about them in the business chat section.

Hopefully this link will work

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1606&highlight=service+central

B

Ability
12-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks Bruce - even I left a thread on that one.... :i dunno: It did go off topic however and it seems like Dean didnt want to make public comment then, but perhaps there is some one who has tried it out by now?? :wave-hi:

m287j
12-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I joined a site called homehelp4u.com.au a while back, you pay $5 for every referral/quote request. For the first few months i got a lot of quote requests, most where not worth it (potential customers looking for the cheapest). Having said that i did get a couple of $3,000 jobs via the site though.

These days i never get any quote requests (too many competitors like Service Central) and i think they might be struggling, i haven't received an invoice from them in months whereas they used to send me one every month religiously.

As for Service Central they contacted me a little while back, and when i actually expressed interest they where hopeless in phoning me back etc.

3 other similar start-up's have contacted me in recent months, i think there are too many now and if you joined several of them you may find you are getting the same quote requests from potential customers.

My experience has also taught me these potential customers are shopping around a lot and looking for the cheapest price.

Ability
17-06-2008, 06:09 PM
I got a call from them today, only 3 days after their website self imposed deadline of 24hrs!!!

All I wanted to know was how much it was going to cost....This bloke wanted to take me for a coffee to discuss it.... I didn't know they provided an RSVP/dating service :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway I still didn't get to find out, cause he would only discuss it face-to-face, sound like a sales gimmick to me!!!! :i dunno:

NWGL
17-06-2008, 06:18 PM
There was an article about them in the business section of the Sunday Tele on the weekend.

From memory paid fees on a per quote basis. Fee varied depending on value of job - somewhere between $7.50 - $30.00.

Also mentioned something about a sign up fee of $3000.

Will try & find paper and get details.

B

NWGL
17-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Found it.

"The company can register for an annual fee averaging $3000, and a kickback for each job of $7.50 for small tasks and $30 for bigger jobs."

Have more than 3000 businesses registered so far.

Also mentions that they receive an average of 10,000 inquiries a month. Soon sign a deal with national hardware store to provide tradesmen to its customers.

"we're now speaking to AGL and TruEnergy to manage their workload and to get their jobs out to tradesmen as well".

Best bit - "Companies are queueing up to get involved now but, in the early days, it was a struggle".

That's why they took so long to call you Shane - too busy :p :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Local Gardener
17-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Hello Ability. Very interesting question. I called once with service central and left a message. The never called back.!! I have inquired about safeway and coles shopper dockets. If any of you indies are interested to know more, by all means ask away. Very happy to help. :russ: :russ: :russ:

m287j
17-06-2008, 10:30 PM
"The company can register for an annual fee averaging $3000, and a kickback for each job of $7.50 for small tasks and $30 for bigger jobs."

$3,000 annual fee :frightene :frightene :frightene You have got to be kidding me, no wonder they can afford to take everyone out for coffee to discuss.

I would never pay a $3,000 annual fee for any referral source.

administrator
18-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Well would be silly when u can buy say 25 customers for 3 grand
wouldnt it where the previous owner has done all the work and you have regular clients .

More to the point if u spruked a bit more in your own suburb you would have plenty of work

if people have all these so called leads blah blah blah if it sounds to good to be true then thats what it is

If you want to work out how a type of business works like say service central do a mini business plan soon tells u how it works and what goes on you never know you may go into competition with them

i know if i had a business like that my salesman would be on commission they would have to visit the client and sign him up and im sure i would have alot more on the books in one area that is required by a country mile and that is just good business sense

thats how u make obscene amounts of money from areas u dont even own lol

remember prophit isnt a dirty word

andy.sutherland@hotmail.c
03-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I loaded my details on to their site last week and the site crashed,phoned the bird at reception and she told me they were "servicing" the servers and would call me back! she's not called back yet!so i canny tel if its of any use or not! :confused:

lethal
17-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm a member of Service Central and love them, cost $1,200.00 to join, $7.50 for most leads, $15.00 for big job leads

NWGL
17-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey Lee,

Just out of curiosity, how many leads do you get, and how many then convert to jobs ?

lethal
18-07-2008, 10:57 PM
at this time of yr, 1 or 2 a week, but in summer i was getting easily a dozen a day and out of the ones I took I would have picked up 4 outta 5

geejay
19-07-2008, 08:09 AM
thats pretty good,do you do any other advertising?

lethal
20-07-2008, 11:34 AM
No, that's all the advertising that I do. I stopped the yellow pages ad for this year.

geejay
20-07-2008, 12:38 PM
thats good value.

we do adverts in the paper that cost double sc basic cost,ok we do not pay a lead fee,but we are getting same response in winter summer.