PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Get Tenders

ryancronin
08-07-2004, 05:03 PM
undefined
Can someone please tell the best way to get tender and more work
iv got 30 clinets in need more can someone help me.

Pres Lawn
08-07-2004, 05:37 PM
It's not really the best time of year to go all out advertising but their are many ways to boost your income and clients. As for advertising, Yellow Pages, local paper and what I do I drop leaflets into letter boxes adjacent to were I cut lawns. And I tell them the number of the house I cut and what services I offer. What about extra services you offer, always keep looking as you service your client, theirs always some thing that needs doing! Do you have a proffesional image? Trailer signage, uniform and keep every thing clean and tidy it doesn't have to be new.

matthew pitman
08-07-2004, 05:41 PM
you could always write letters to real estate agents in your area
telling them who you are and what you can do for them
i found that works good
i got some work out of them that way

Rod
11-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I agree it is not the best time to advertise. Having said that we often feel better if we at least try something. Flyer's in adjacent letter boxes (completed jobs) are a proven success this way you can end up with several jobs in the one street. Less travel and fuel means more profit. My kids 11 & 13 deliver my leaflets into neighboring streets for pocket money.

Word of mouth is the best of all advertising. Pick a couple of your current customers (good ones) and really fall over back wards. I put a free Garden bags into customers property at the rate of one a month. It cost me very little to make one up from steel and the wool sacks can be easy to get often for nothing.

Some customers especially women can be the best un paid sales representative you will ever have. Look for the opportunities.

I then empty those garden bags when full (not on monthly cycle) I find that I get inquiries from neighbors or other family members wanting a similar service. You really need to find out if your advertising results can be tracked/measured.

The garden bags are one idea perhaps yearly gutter clearing (roof.)
Doing too much can bite on the bum sometimes if you are not careful. So make sure if you do their gutters for example don't let them fall due in the crazy season otherwise you can do your reputation some harm

Good luck